1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do YOU think?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by MainePlowGuy, Oct 19, 2008.

1. MainePlowGuy

MainePlowGuy Junior Member
    from Maine

I have an inside at this office.

The owner "got Killed" Last yer on a per push contract (90 " of snow last year) So know he getting bidds from everyone in town. It loks like he's going to go with the low bidder, i really want the job but i don't want to lose $$ doing it.

Current low bid is:

100.00 per storm
    35.00 for salt

They need to be done by 7am. When i asked the MGR getting the bids if that guy would com back at lunch if we were getting an inch an hour she said she didn't know, i think i know.:D

Should I Run?

drquote copy.jpg

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Is the lot gravel. It looks it from the pic. How long do you think it will take you. If you want it that bad, I would put your bid where you think it should be, but not low enought to where you lose money on it. Its not worth it. How picky are they about things? I see its a medical center of some sort. They are usually the picky-est of all people.

3. MainePlowGuy

from Maine

Where the two lines of cars are in the back is gravel. I'm thinking it will take me 45 min inc shovel small stairs and handicap ramp. I'm probably going to give them a per storm of 2"- 5", 7-10 ,11" +
    and 50.00 for salt. Then hope there not happy getting plowed once per storm and call me

4. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

To answer your question, yes run. I would never plow a gravel lot for 100 bucks.

5. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Yeah, Id have nothing to do with that JMO

6. MainePlowGuy

from Maine

About 25% Gravel

7. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Run Forest, RUN!

8. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

ahhh maybe.....NO!

why jeopardize that nice new blade for renenue $100.00

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I would PASS.

10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Do it for less and plow it 4x and salt it 4x per storm-you'll do alright.