1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do you think??

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by KINNCO, Feb 23, 2008.

1. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Cheap knock off system. Try this

http://www.vlsusa.com/cgi-bin/vlsusa/S690CCCC.html

Little bit more money, but top of the line quailty. You do need to drill 1" holes in the lights to install them. Seach through the threads in this section, I have pics showing where to place them in the lights in your style truck.

Matt

3. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

can you change the flash pattern on that system? I read where someone wanted to mount the head under the seat. With that being the case how do you turn it on/off?

thanks

4. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

15's or 25's for ex-cab short bed

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I would say 15's for the front and 25's for the back. This way you have enough to run and tie them where you want and not stretch them or run out. But I would do like Blueline said and spend the extra few bucks on quality. For one you will have a good warranty and be able to source replacement parts much easier.

6. BlueLine Ent

The two longest cables are actually gonna be one to the back and one to the front, on the same side. For example if you mount the box under the rear drivers seat, then the longer cables will be needed for the front and rear passenger lightheads. Those are the two most extreme posts.

As for turning the system on and off, you wire in switches wherever you want them. I don't know of any system you need to go to the supply to turn it on or off, or change the patterns.

7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Blue I was going to say the thing LOL

Sent you a PM buddy

8. BlueLine Ent

To me? If so, it never came through.

9. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

I bought the Whelen 450 system it was like 200 total plus tax and its still a great system. 4 50 w strobes that are still really bright.