1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by willofalltrades, Jan 14, 2008.

1. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

I have a chance to buy a 1991 Ford F250. Its a Regular cab, 4x4, with a 5.0L motor and a 5 speed tranny. The truck has 86000 miles. The body is typical (rust around the fenders and the rockers). The guy I would buy it from, said he is repainting it son and will replace all the rusted spots with metal (not bondo). Heres my question: How would the truck perform plowing and is $2600 a good price? There is one major flaw I found off the bat... the driver floor board is rusted through... its about a 6x6 inch hole... but I can just tell him to fix that while hes welding up the body.

I have pics. on my phone but I don't know how to get them onto the computer....
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Unless you are plowing alot of long drives or open lots the clutch is a bad choice. The wear and tear on the clutch and your leg are bad. I only plow with an AT. JMO