1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think?....

Discussion in 'Weather' started by grandview, Dec 14, 2007.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Yes or no for snow totals Sunday.

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM SATURDAY TO 7 AM EST MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM SATURDAY TO 7 AM EST MONDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

SNOWFALL WILL BEGIN SATURDAY EVENING OVER THE SOUTHWESTERN CORNER OF NEW YORK AND SPREAD RAPIDLY NORTHEAST ACROSS THE REST OF THE REGION OVERNIGHT. BY SUNDAY MORNING 3 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW IS LIKELY ACROSS THE REGION.

DURING SUNDAY SNOW WILL CONTINUE AND BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES. BY SUNDAY NIGHT TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS FOR MOST FOR THE AREA COULD RANGE BETWEEN 16 AND 20 INCHES.

OVER THE SOUTHERN TIER SNOW WILL MIX WITH SLEET FOR SEVERAL HOURS LATE SUNDAY MORNING AND EARLY SUNDAY AFTERNOON. THIS WILL KEEP TOTAL SNOWFALL DOWN TO 8 TO 14 INCH

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I hope so Grandview. We are expecting 8-12 or so down here below Lake Erie. Even if it dumps 6", I will be happy. Did you get any snow on Thursday??

3. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I hope we dont get that much, but the local weather stations said 4-7 here thur but we got 6-8. I guess he wasnt that far off. I dont know how the guys that have more than 3 commercial accounts keep up. I guess I should keep open lanes then go back to clean up later. Have fun sunday.

4. karol

karol Senior Member

snow

I'm not worried. I bought 10 cans of fluid film. Sprayed my plow. tymusic

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe I should spray my plows then or better yet just bring the FF tanker in and prewet the entire parking lot and maybe the snow will just slide off. Back on topic I hope we get hammered with snow. Let the skies open and dump upon us that lovely white gold.

6. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Calling for 6-8 here too. I'm convinced its going to rain or evaporate before it hits the ground.(vertago) See the air will never saturate here and make snow. Haven't droped the blade since last season.

I hope theat they get this one right. The forcasters are 1:8 heading into this one.

DAFF

7. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Ready for the storm here, trucks ready, sleds ready(snowmobile) and i am ready

8. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

to many mix reports down here i've heard some nice amounts of 8-12 and some not so good 3-6 either way i think it going to be a good mix bag event for North east and center pa unless something different happens. the reposrt keep changing maybe tomorrow qwill be better ?:confused:

9. big bird

big bird Senior Member

i think we a going to get a but load please oooooo please come on payuppayupxysport

10. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

They keep flashing tthe warning across the screen, its getting us all amped up big time:bluebouncpayupwesport. They better not be wrong this time.:gunsfiring:

11. grandview

Coming this way.

NatLoop_Small (Medium).gif

12. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

This one shows more white.

It is just now starting to hit the ground here.

To bad we are only getting a corner of this one.:cry:

12-15-07.jpg

12-15-07.jpg

13. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

Its right on our doorstep boys!:redbounce:drinkup::bluebounc
    [​IMG]

14. karol

karol Senior Member

snow

wesport
    JD i took you're advice. I've pre-treated all my driveways and lots with fluid film. I used all cans. See if it helps. I'll let you know on monday. wesport

15. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

nothing yet in Webster...

16. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Bring it ! we are ready just another winter in upstate NY.:dizzy:

17. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

they keep on down grading the estimates for us here in south west NH. It sounds like about 6" with a nice load of ice to follow. Funny how selfish I'm getting. Already 4 plowable/sandable events this year and I'm mad they say we're getting less than I initially thought. Last year I would have given anything to have a measly inch of ice pellets this time in December...

18. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

14 inches and counting as of 7:15pm sunday 12/16 that on the south shore of lake ontario.. that not including the 8" we recieved wednesday

19. grandview

Ended up with 14 inches.

20. shanta74

shanta74 Member

we got about 14 inches too i havnt seen this much snow in a couple of years.