1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BoulderBronco, Sep 13, 2007.

1. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

... I can get for my speedcast 7'6" plow? It is probably 15 years old if not a bit more. It has definatly been used as the mold board is cracked in one end a few inches and it has varius welds from repairs. However it still works great. The crack does not hinder it at all as it reall isn't that bad. The repair welds are good and strong. I replaced one angling ram and all the hoses and fittings a few years ago. It is your standard belt driven pump setup. It works as is but when it gets warm it has trouble lifting the plow unless I rev the RPM's up. I think it just needs a new pump. I would sell the whole setup including the lights that are only three years old. It is a setup for a 92-96 Ford 1/2 ton truck or Bronco. I am thinking I should be able to get $1000-$1300 for it. What do you think? I also am considering buying another truck, putting this plow on it, and selling the whole package.
  2. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

maybe a couple hundred...in MA you cannot install a headgear like that. They must be removed during the spring, summer, and fall months. MM plows are cheap as well, and your plow is not in the best shape as you have said. There is a complete package on ebay right now for $202...again I would hold my breath waiting to get $1,000
  3. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Really? Ok. Perhaps I will go the route of buying a truck, putting the plow on it, and selling the package. I'm thinking if I can buy a work truck for around $2000, slap the plow on it, and sell it, I can get $4000 for the package being that the season is just around the corner. Plow trucks are in demand this time of year. Thanks for the reply.