1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Ocean Side, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Ocean Side

Ocean Side Member

Ok, I got a call from a buddy this morning. He lives in a condo complex and he is on the board that accepts and approves bids for year round service. He says that during our ice storm yesterday that the lot was never plowed, or salted, only a quick swipe to open the middle up. The company never came back to clean up or take care of the side walks.

He asked me to give him an idea of what it might cost. I am looking for thoughts from others before I put in my proposal. It will be for plowing, salt sand, and sidewalk clearing and cleanup of the entire lot. Please put your thoughts in per event or per push as that is how I am debating it in my head. Any input is great and I also like to learn how others would look at it.

Thanks,

The lot size is 14 spaces surrounding a 29 x 142 parking lot common area. There are no medians or curbs and the only place to push snow is off the lot at one end.

The sidewalk entry ways are a total of 280 square feet. They are required to be cleared at the end of each storm.

any input would be a great learning experience thanks!

2. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

do u have to shovel around cars and im guessin you have to do all the ice control as well...do uhave a salt box??are u gonna shovel or use a blower??

3. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

id bid it at 430.00 plus salt/sand, probably another 120.00 or so.

4. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

this may not be the most honest way but ask your buddy what the current company is doing it for. It sounds like they are willing to give it to you whether you are much cheaper, right on, or even a couple bucks more.

I would also try to get into a seasonal contract with the condo complex. they have a specific budget to work with. use it to your advantage.

5. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member