1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BRAAAP, Jan 31, 2006.

1. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

A guy gave me a foil for my plow (8'fisher mm2 with pro-wings). Some guys say yes to putting it on, some say no and some say rubber deflector. what do u guy think?

Thanks Rob

2. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I say put it on. It's made to throw the snow, not made to deflect it, but it does both which is a plus.

I have one on a plow and it works great. :nod:

3. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Put it on you can always take it off and sell it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats if you don't like it! I bet you will -It helps throw the snow when blade is angled and keeps the stuff off the hood when you hit a pile:)

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

It depends on what you are planning on plowing. If you're doing lots yeah, use it. It'll be a big advantage. I don;t know how the wings will effect it. If you're doing driveway's it has NO benifit. You're not going fast enough in a driveway for it to have effect (and if you are moving that fast......) It will hinder stacking and add weight to the front end you probabily can do without. for drives use a rubber belt. The Fisher Deflector is a waste of $$- almost useless. (the z shaped metal moldboard extension).

5. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

Thanks guy's for all the help..