1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BRAAAP, Jan 31, 2006.

1. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

A guy gave me a foil for my plow (8'fisher mm2 with pro-wings). Some guys say yes to putting it on, some say no and some say rubber deflector. what do u guy think?

Thanks Rob

2. Whip

Whip Member

I say wait til next year when we may actually get some snow.:D :D :D

3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I hate the way they look when get all bent up! :bluebounc
    And I alway wondered if you can really stack as high with one???

4. ChEc0

ChEc0 Member

I plow only roads and just my driveway to i have a rubber one ill get a pic to show u

5. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Foil

I ran a metal one last year, it was nice. I'm running westerns on the trucks this year, but I'm looking for another fisher for the 1 ton for next year and will definately use a foil once I get the plow.

My advice is to get it, you'll be happy and it did stack well.

6. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

It stacks great....just dont go smashing into poles, mailboxes, walls etc and it wont get bent lol we been running them on 5 plows for 3 years and only one has a minor crease.

they work very well in rolling the snow :bluebounc

7. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

Thanks guy's for all the help! I just wounder about the stacking with it?

I plow driveways 2 small parking lots and a few of my driveways are huge and drift like crazy.

8. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

i would say put it on and give it a shot... its easy to remove if u dont like it.

It actually stacks neater because the snow cant fall over the top and back of the blade :)

9. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

foil on plow

i have 96 f250 7.5 ft western unimount i just bought one for my plow but didnt get a chance to put it on because you have to drill the holes in the plow but i will put it on asap and all my buddies swear by it so i went and bought one . i used it on my buddies truck work great if you get poly snow foil they hold up longer rubber just flaps around too much.

10. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I'm all for it. I don't have a need for it with a new plow and no snow, but it's great for any jobs you may have that require plowing at higher speeds and in high wind situations.

11. xlr8

xlr8 Senior Member

Don't know?

I have recently bought a new/used plow(fisher7.5' w/ foil) never plowed with one before the 1' storm on 2-12. plowing 1' I still had a lot of snow coming over the plow , only when stacking though. As far as pushing fully angled it really corkscrews the snow. I have only plowed that one time with it so really don't know if I like it or not.