1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by F350plowing, May 29, 2010.

1. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

308k please...

3. F350plowing

way to many right?

4. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

yes way way to many. if thats still the orignal motor or tranny id be suprised.

5. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I'm curious is there an hour meter on this and how many. I would stay clear of this truck to many miles

6. F350plowing

that's kinda what i told him but he didn't believe me so i planed on showing him that all you think its a bad idea

7. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

IMO, there are way lower mile trucks for the same price, if not a few grand more.

8. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

yea thats way too many miles you dont know how much longer that motor is gonna last
    plus that many miles you dont know what the truck was used for they other person could of been pulling some heavy trailers with that truck.:nono::mechanic::sleeping:

9. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Good miles out of a 6.0 if its original. Also, there are a lot of other parts that add up to replace. Front end work isn't cheap! But thats still a good looking truck, but it should be dirt cheap with those miles!! The oil PSI doesn't look too bad at idle though...

10. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

that thing looks to be taken good care of not like some of thses higher milage trucks i have seen. i would go look at it and offer about 3500. still a good looking truck and it was taken care of.

11. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

My work truck is almost the same truck as that. Its an ext cab long bed. It has 260k and still climbing. It still has the origina motor and trans. Doesnt use any oil. I wouldnt be scared of that truck. Looks like it has been very well taken care of. If the guy had the oil changed every 3k it will keep on going for a long time.

12. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

Thats a lot of miles but it looks to have been taken care of and never worked at all.

13. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I wouldnt buy an 18yr old a truck that looks that nice regardless of how many miles or price, they will not appreciate it. Im 18 and see everyone with a nice car in highschool, hardly any respect their car, when they do they become cocky about it and no one will appreciate their company. Buy your son an old work truck and make him work on it when it breaks, thats what my parents did for me and could thank them enough it taught me alot..

14. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

Where are more kids like you in America's youth? Good to hear!

15. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Snowman, well put

16. F350plowing

I'm not buying him anything. its his own money im just trying to make sure he doesn't get screwed

17. F350plowing

Well we went and looked at it today. it drives like a brand new truck and is in suck good condition as if it only had 50,000 on it. I was really surprised

18. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

So what did u guys do ? buy it ?
    Although it has high miles its not your everyday work truck, it is in great shape.
    For the right price its worth a shot.
    Just know that it'll be harder still for u guys to sell the truck down the road when it has 375k +.

19. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Check the hours on it. I think after you turn the key off on those models, you can push and hold the milage reset and it should show up on the dash....

20. F350plowing

no we just took it out for a test drive