1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think this would be worth

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mpriester, Jan 7, 2013.

1. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

By the time you buy a mount, and wiring harness, then install it, I would offer him between 800 and 1,000 dollars.

3. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

thats what i was thinking. i'm already set up on the truckside just looking for a wider board. this will connect right up to mine. Thank You

4. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

the guy just replied asking 2K, i can go through meyer and get a brand new one for just a few hundred more with a warranty using their upgrade program. i think he bumped his head as thats way too much. I'll keep looking.

5. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

$500 is my thought

6. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Remind him that it's just a meyer lol

7. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Is that not a coventional hook up?

8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

New blade? New springs? Look at all the pitting and painted rust,lol Maybe 500 bucks.

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Oh sorry, "spring bolts" there's 10 bucks! Those things brand new with a good warranty around here are going for 3,000ish installed

10. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Wow, it doesn't look like he even bothered to wire brush the rust before slapping on the yellow paint.

11. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

If he is upgrading to a v plow, why not give the mount and wiring? For whats there mabey 2 12 packs and a papa murphys pizza.

12. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

If you look at one of his pictures, there's a second plow in the background in his garage. I don't think he's buying a v-plow. I think he buys these things for $50, slaps on a coat of paint, and sells them. Mount? Aint got no mount for that.

13. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

How many plows are stolen up there? Run the sn# and see if its hot. No mount. No wiring. Makes me think its a little warm.

14. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

That and the fact of the other blade sitting there in the backround. Why would you have two blades and only selling one to get to a V plow.

UNLESS he's planning on using the mount that goes for this one on another truck to put that blade in the back of the picture on that truck while his main truck gets a V plow.

15. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

True but something is not right.