1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think this is worth?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Quality SR, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

A guy that i do work for is selling his plow that he said the bout about 5yrs ago and never hooked up still in box he told me to make him an offer. It is a 8' western straight blade. He doesn't know if it is a pro or a pro plus. It comes with controller and mount. It is a steel plow not poly. Any idea how much this would be worth. Thanks Rich

2. mtfd774

mtfd774 Member
    from conn

I don't think they made the ProPlus 5 years ago. I'm pretty sure they came out 2 years ago . I would offer him 2k if it's what he says it is. See what he says

3. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

i always (almost) follow the rule that your first offer should make you feel embarrassed. then you can negotiate from there. in MY experiences, this is a tactic that has saved me alot of money, but you have to have patience and be willing to "lose" a couple deals. Start with 1300 CASH IN HAND and show him the cash...see what happens from there. payup

4. Quality SR

Ok i didnt know that it might be the pro. i know it is 8' and it is not poly. Ill have to see i just wanted to get a ball park price.

5. Quality SR

I was thinking around $1500. I am doing some research and i am going to ask him how much he wants for it and ill take it from there. First he told me take it. I kept trying to set up a day to see it, monday i asked him how much he wanted and he said make me an offer. Like i said, he told me it is brand new never hooked up, he said it was in pieces and that i would have to put together.
    Also, i do commercial plowing along with some residential driveways, is the pro a good commercial plow?

6. Quality SR

I was thinking about the fisher x blade for my next plow, but if this works out i might go with the western.

7. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

A pro plow is fine for commercial. I have an 8' poly pro and have done everything from small lots, to Burger King parking lots to larger lot like churches and schools. Even do drives with it. It's held up just fine for me, the shock makes a nice difference.

8. TTBoy77

TTBoy77 Member

I have a 7' 6" pro, ALL commercial lots and I haven't had a problem. I love my western.
    wesport