1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this '08 3500HD?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mkwl, Mar 23, 2010.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It is a nice truck, but the price is high even though it is a diesel. I would buy it if the price was in the 25K range. I think it is worth that, as you can get a 2010 gasser for 26K around here and add a diesel for another 7K and you are at the same price for a truck with no miles and a full warranty. If he is asking that much it seems like he is not going to negotiate to much as he must have not gotten to good of a deal on when he bought it and he doesnt want to lose his ass. Hope my opinin helps. I looked up kelly blue book value and it was $27.910 vaue for excellent. I know KBB is not the mecca of auto pricing but it does show he is asking TO MUCH for the truck.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Looks good in photos, I'm having a hard time telling if thats a dually or not? is it a 1 ton single rear?

4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

He's convinced he can sell it for $34K at the minimum so I think I'm gonna keep looking...:nod:

5. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Is that leather in that regular cab? i thought that was not an option or is it just my eyes?

6. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

It's vinyl according to the ad.

7. Burkartsplow

No possible way:dizzy:. Tell him to take it to a dealer and see what they are going to give him for it and tell him you will give him a couple hundred more then that. He will be in for a rude awakeing:mad: when he heres the price they will give him. Yeah it is in great shape, but you might as well get a brand new 2011 diesel for that price with the increased payload stronger front end. Good Luck on finding a new truck.:salute:

8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Vinyl- it's the basic W/T package.

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

It is actually at a GMC dealer. I have a feeling the guy bought it back for more than it was really worth and needs to get his $$$ back out of it.

10. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Ya know guys, ever since I was in kindergarden I have only looked at the pictures and never read the captions. You think I would have learned by now! :dizzy:

11. Burkartsplow

I thought it was private seller. Since it is a dealer I think you could get it from them at 28K. The way dealers are with used cars is you can get a new one for the same price they are asking for exact same used vehicle on there lot. Messed up.:dizzy:

12. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Make your offer if the guy doesn't like it then keep looking. The market is loaded with trucks people are trying to sell. You will not have a hard time finding one.

13. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Is it at Torbelini gmc? if so Joe the owner is a super nice guy and is way fair on his prices.

14. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  15. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

Haven't seen a lot of these models (even brand new ones) on lots around here, and Edmunds TMV comes up as going for around 33.5K in these parts. Guess it's supply and demand...

If you find a new one for 34K like someone mentioned, snag it before it's gone.

16. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I paid $34000. for my 2008 duramax/allison 3500 (BRAND NEW). I thik that asking price is a joke!!!

17. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

According to the last line in the listing, it's "never been worked and has been driven like a car". Um, not sure I believe someone bought this one ton work truck just to tool around town.

18. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I think I'm gonna set me sights on an '06 or '07 LBZ with the 6 speed allison- if anyone knows of someone selling in the northeast or mid-atlantic, please let me know. I'm after a regular cab and preferably in red- thanks guys!

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That cab configuration is hard to find and even harder in a 3500. Last week there was a white gas 2009 with 9,000 miles on ebay for a buy it now of $22,500 at a dealer. I don't think that truck is worth that kind of money.

20. plowking15

plowking15 Member

My 07 work truck package had a/c, am/fm radio,rubber floor mats,crank windows,no power locks, plastic dash and door panels. 08 package could be better. I would suggest seat covers ASAP. I have spilled coffee on mine,the ceiling,grab handles in these trucks is light colored,not good if you are a mechanic or get dirty. plowking