1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of these??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Newdude, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Either one of those is gonna be a friggin tank!!!! That dually could really move some weight around. A v-box would sit nicely back therepayup But which ever would suit your needs better. I dont think you will go wrong with them
  3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I'd love to have that big ol dually in my yard (I can here my rich neighbours now), it just has the right look to it, big and bad, and it is me!!!
  4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I have to admit that the dually is more to my liking, though 2 years older, there are FAR fewer miles and you don't have the POS plow to deal with (so you can start completely from scratch with one). I don't think I'd go as high as $6k on that though based on the age. Realize that it's just an old 1-ton dually that's 23 years old with low miles. The pickup has been used, probably abused, modified, and plowed with.
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

of the 2 listed. #1 is the best. and would be a frigin tank and a half. plus its easy to make it a single wheel truck over a dually if you dont need it. bolt on the singles in the rear. and a hub/rotor swap only in the front and single wheels .

the #2 listed is not orignal at all. mill trucks didnt come with 203 full time tcases stock. it would have been a 208 and if a spec ambulance based ruck then a 205 part time.

somthing fisshy on the #2 truck.
  6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Only problem I see with the dually is the tires are too big for the rims, they look like 265 or 285s, too wide for a 6 inch rim and must be rubbing in the rear. But if they don't fall off, the heck with it, put a spacer in the back, and run them out. Throw a sander on it and go to work.
    The 4wd dually is kind of rare, too. Most duallies I saw in the military were 2wds, but the 5/4 SRWs were everywhere. The pickup probably had the transfer case swapped, the 208 was the weal link in those trucks to begin with. The "motor has a knock but good power"?? No thanks. Too much rust, abuse and a POS plow that you will run right over.
    I love those overbuilt Chevy government mules, but bear in mind while they generally have low miles and a lot of maintenance done, they were also driven offroad by 18 year olds. When I was 18 we did horrible things to those trucks. If we broke them they just gave us another one. You'd be amazed how far off the ground you can get those trucks.
  7. big bird

big bird Senior Member

beat it untill it wont drive any more lol
  8. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

ok. the only thing that is really stopping mem from getting these is the price of diesel around here. Average is $3.63/gal, so, not good. If diesel was cheaper, #1 would be mine right now. But, we shall see. also, about truck #2 and its knocking, i found a 6.2 vid and the 6.2 does knock quite a bit, like diesels do.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  9. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Diesels make a lot of racket, but that doesn't mean the same thing as a knock, which is caused by a bearing failure.