1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of the Western pro flow 2 salt spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Shop's Lawn, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Shop's Lawn

Shop's Lawn Senior Member

I found a slight used Western pro flow 2 salt spreader for $1200.00

What are your opinions of this spreader? any problems? think its a good price?

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Without question, they are top design for tailgate spreaders. They work very efficiently, and will move anything. Also, with the steep design, they never bridge up or need a vibrator.

3. michdeere

michdeere Member

Good price if eveything is there..(wiring, controller, mounting brackets) It can get expensive real quick if you have to buy these separately. They're a GREAT spreader. I wouldn't buy anything else.

4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Also, if you don't get a controller,...no biggy. A light switch will work.

5. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Ive been looking at these and the Snow Ex 1875. Anything stand out and make one better that the other?

6. rjets00

rjets00 Member

The spreader works good, just keep in mind it takes 2 to put on the truck, or some type of hoist. Mounting brackets are kind of a *******. I took the in bed and welded a tongue so it just latches on to my goose neck ball.