1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think it's worth?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by GuhrSnowRemoval, Feb 21, 2012.

1. GuhrSnowRemoval

GuhrSnowRemoval Junior Member

2001 Ford F-250 pickup truck, 4wd, 7.3l diesel motor, automatic, A/C, power windows, locks & mirrors, 235K miles. Also a Boss 9-2 V-plow. Truck has new springs & shocks, new alternator, starter & batteries. New U-joints & lock-out hubs. Newer tires. He is asking $13,000.00 with plow or the truck only for $10,000.00

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

7-8k max with that type of mileage.

3. GuhrSnowRemoval

Thats what I was thinking. Do you think 7-8 for just the truck or the whole set up. The plow looks about 5-6 years old.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

I dunno maybe another $1500 for the plow.

5. GuhrSnowRemoval

Yea, for around here the miles and the age the body doesn't look bad at all at least from the pictures he sent me

6. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Their probably not too far off at those prices as long as the body and drive train are in reasonable condition. Because Ford has had so many "issues" with the diesels following the 7.3L, it has brought their prices up IMO

7. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Check the oil pan, would assume the trans has been rebuilt but good to check it out also. Rust, ball joints, hubs,check for play in the turbo wheel, stuff adds up fast. Good plow truck if it checks out. Good luck:drinkup:

8. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

here in this area , without seeing or driving it . i'd expect to pay 46-4900 .:dizzy:

9. GuhrSnowRemoval

Trans has been rebuilt and will def be checking the pan, I've seen alot of rusty ones.

10. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

With that kind of mileage i wouldnt pay anything over 8k and thats if it was in pretty good shape. It's the little things that start to go that will nickel and dime you.

11. GuhrSnowRemoval

That's what I was thinking, yea it's a great motor but the truck and everything else still has 235k miles. I've got a skid steer I want to get $23000 out of and he offered me his truck and plow + $10,000 cash plus he'll deliver it, he lives about 2 hrs away. My only interest with the truck is to take the plow off and keep it for one of my trucks and just sell his. Any thoughts?