1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think is fair?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by xtreem3d, Jan 22, 2010.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i'm a new holland guy so i know the machines fairly well..found a used LS190 (83-87HP model)at a Deere dealer listed at 8900.00 because it has alot of hours. after looking at pics online i knew it was a 2 speed but they had no idea. went and looked at it. 2 speed wasn't working properly, aux hyd didn't work and because the spool might have been rusted in place from non use the pedals didn't work properly. i called the salesman thanked him for letting me look at it and run it, told him what was wrong and he said he would bring it back to st. louis to get it figured out. i have been assuming all along that he would make it right for the 8900.00 OR discount the price . i'm assuming this because they had no idea what they had before i went and looked at it. i think they took it on trade via pics and never ran it. today the salesman said he was waiting for the price to come back for parts and labor...i was in a hurry and not paying close attention until i hung up so i didn't ask if this would affect the original asking price. whatta think is going to be fair? if the machine is working properly it is worth more than 8900.00 BUT i actually would have prefered a reduced price in order to get the machine and fix it at my pace. it's coming down to... i have the 9000.00 set aside for the machine but if they increase the price it may take me out of range (even though the machine will be fixed)
    i guess i'm asking since they advertised it not knowing what was wrong should they stick with the price as i am not forcing them to fix it...hope this is clear
    EDIT i should add that they have it listed so cheap because it has alot of hours ...no other reason so it's not like they knew a bunch of stuff was wrong
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

i have a nh they are not cheap to fix i would probally pass unless they fix it and u get a warrenty on the parts they just fixed for that price i have not seen many nh go pass 3000 hours around here
  3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

If they fix it and sell at original price with warranty through at least thier shop maybe not a bad deal, have you checked local/online auctions to see what same machine with similar hours and not with the issues you mentioned on the one you're looking at?
  4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i highly doubt they are going to fix it and keep it the same price, and they can change the price any time they want until someone has signed on the dotted line. equipment dealers as a rule are not stupid, i am sure that they had a idea that things were wrong with the unit. and if you would have bought it, it would have been "as is"
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

you should buy a cat :D
  6. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

why didn't you tell him this is wrong . I'll take it for 7800 I'll fix everything myself ? call him and tell him that now .
  7. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Exactly, the key words are "as is."

How many hours are we talking here?

When I traded in an older S250 with 4400 hrs. the dealership still gave me 12,500. This thing seems like a steal, unless it has like 8K hrs.
  8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Why would he want to do something like that?:confused:
  9. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

So he has a reason to go home and tell his parents he is gay LOL LOL
  10. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

this machine has 3900 hours. a similar machine with everything working would ballpark i'm guessing $12,000.00-$14,000.00.If they were to fix it and charge me the machine would be worth the money it's just that i only have about $9000.00 left to set aside for it.
    carl b...the way the conversation went i was very much believing that they would take care of it. it's hard to put into type how the conversation went. i know for sure that the machine was not workable the way the aux hyd's were locking out the pedals. there was no mention of "as is" because ( i believe) they didn't know what they had..maybe i'm wrong. i'm not gonna kick and scream over any extra charges , that's just not me, it's just that it may go out of my budget whereas before i could have fixed the pedals and aux hyd's and left the 2 speed for a later date while the machine was making money. tried calling him today, no luck, will try again tomorrow
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010