1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think about this

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DAZ982500, Apr 10, 2006.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I found a Dodge 1989 fisher plow with wings for $1500.Thats all I know at this point.I would"nt mind getting a back up.However,I do'nt want a money pit either.Sign said it runs great.I am considering this only as a back up.Otherwise, I would probably put this money towards a new plow set up on my Dodge 98, which has Myer 7.5 which I have been having some difficulties with.Anyone using Dodge 89 who could let me know what to be looking for.I don'nt know miles but will find out more when I call owner.Dave
  2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Just some basics as I am buying an '87 Ram now. Look at the floorboards, power steering, heavy rust on the frame, and especially electrical problems. That is all that I have to offer as of now. I'll be back tho!
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

realistically, look at EVERYTHING. You're looking at an OLD plow truck. Rust and wear can and will be a concern everywhere.
  4. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Justme- is right. Make sure you check everything on the truck including floorpans, the bed, the frame. It has had a plow on it for almost 20 years so it has definetly been used. Post up some pics of it if you can.