1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think about this?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Sep 21, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Im thinking of doing this, I dont know if its a good idea or not.

Im replacing my cutting edge within the next few weeks. alot of my driveways are anywhere from 8-10 feet wide, and they are about 80-110 feet long. Now along the driveway, the house sits, and sometimes theres a chimney in the way. So.....

what do you think about adding like 6" of the rubber cutting edge to "overhang" the plow, that way I can brush up against the chimney, side of house, etc? Would this rubber have anychance of damaging the brick or anything like that?

Thanks guys

2. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

I would not take the risk.
    1. Rubber can become pretty stiff in sub freezing temperatures.
    2. If there is any existing mortar or brick damage I'll give you one guess who'll be paying to repair it.
    Ken

3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

oh okay, I figured I'd ask rather than beating my self over the head when I have to hire out someone to remorter someones house. lol

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you were running your blade fully angled when doing this, I think you will find that the curl in the mould board sits farther out then your cutting edge. You would run the risk of hitting the house with the middle of your plow.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I would'nt chance it if I were you, but hey good thinking!