1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think about this machine for commercial lots

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MatthewG, Sep 3, 2012.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Saw this skip loader today for sale. Obviously it has been redone, new hydro lines, tires, paint, lights, bucket, seat, 3300 hours, 4x4, Year approx 1992

At first I thought dumb, a backhoe with no hoe, but really the box scraper might come in handy for heavy ice/snow pack in my industrial lots.

I would put a 12' pusher on it, no summer work for it, probably just sell it.

Dumb or smart investment? - I do not know the price, I will know tomorrow when I call

2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

It would be a good investment I think. If you could put it to use and make money with it and not have to repair it after every storm.
  3. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

If the price is right I think that would suit your needs pretty well. Not only would the rear blade be nice for hard pack I can think of times when being able to back drag small spots out would be nice. You also don't have your boom sticking out behind you to worry about.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I hate to say it,,,but you would need like a low pro 12'. A loader pusher wouldnt work due to the hoes low hp might have to get a hoe specific pusher
  5. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

Yea, I would for sure not use a loader pusher, I don't like using a loader pusher on even a big backhoe. The only thing about them is they are light in the back without the hoe, I used one that had the tires loaded and it worked really well. The price is prob pretty good, skip loaders usually sell for quite a bit less than regular backhoes I think.
  6. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Price dependent. Good snow investment. Without thinking hard I can come up with at least 2 Poeps on the site that use them. Weight on the 3 point hitch is needed. Never worry about the hoe behind you either.
  7. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

It's a case so it'll run forever unfortunately it won't be a real comfortable unit. If the price is right buy it. Maybe someone else can lend their expertise on this but I think you could probably put an inverted blower on it.
  8. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

The ones I have used before did not have a PTO, so no blower.
  9. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I would be afraid to have a pusher larger than a 10' on it due to not having a hoe on the back, you need that weight. Loading salt and such I am sure it would be great. A price I would expect to see it at is around 12k nothing more.
  10. MatthewG

Year 87

I was thinking 10-15
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I was forced to buy a backhoe last season, $23,000.00 because the darn natural gas industry spiked rental rates to about 4, 000.00 a month. I love the machine, but everything for this season is up in the air.
  12. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty darn pricey for an 87 imo
  13. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

^^^. Ditto

Try a lowball offer. Never hurts to try.
  14. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

I was thinking it was around a 89. I would offer $10K for it. It's a old machine with new paint. Make sure you look it over very carefully for any sign of leaks or stains from previous leaks. Also if it has a rubber mat on the floor pull it up and make sure it sold and not rotted. Ask a lot of questions about the motor and transition too. Looks like a good machine from the outside. Good luck with it.
  15. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, I'd lowball that. My landlord had a backhoe for sale for about $14k, and ended up taking around $9k for it. Worth a shot.
  16. MatthewG

I never called the guy back, he is a used equipment dealer, you know he has that markup on the machine, not like a personal sale.

I don't really have the means to move it, I only have a 14K skidsteer trailer, Ill just stick with skidsteers for plowing