1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think about the new addition to the "fleet"?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Mick76, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Boys and their toys!....This is going to be fun!

Attached Files:

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice, good luck with it. :drinkup:

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You know that won't fit in the salt trailer, right? LOL

Give us all the details......

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Its a 1999 Hyundi 740-3 8000 hours but the thing is TIGHT..., Was a town machine, everything works as it should... the bucket shows no sign of wear... they used a different bucket with the town.. still have the original cutting blade on that hasn't been flipped yet... new tires...NO LEAKS what so ever....

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What are you going to use if for? Now you need a push box. Might as well go all out and get the Horst.

6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Let me know how you like it, try to keep me updated. I bought a 2007 740-7 for last season so far so good. It was considerably less than anything in its class, I really looked into & hm & hawed for a long time. Dealer has been great as well. Hope fully all goes well (for both of us).

7. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Nice machine, looks real clean!!

8. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Sweet! Sweet! ...Congrats!
    and do you mind sharing the final number with us? If not...its understandable. best of luck this season.

9. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

looks great!

10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Very nice Mick

11. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I was thinking of putting the Artic 14' snow pusher HD (3700 lbs)with the direct fit coupler.... too big? or should I go with the standard mount? I'll be plowing a truck stop so I was leaning toward the direct fit because of the manovering (sp) around the trucks.... I know the standard bucket would stack higher but thats not a concern (pleanty of area to stack the snow)...thoughts?

12. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

JD Dave has some good opinions about Arctic pushers, mabe he can give u some advice!

13. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Nice machine. We had an HL 760 and had no problems with it. We sold it when we did our updates to our equipment last year.

I would go with a 14 ft pusher unless the parking lot has a serious grade in it. Then I would strongly consider a 12. Or maybe a horst 5000 series blade with the optional 36" wings...if the machine has the hydralics to run it. Hard to beat the convience of a reversable with the ability to close down and become a snow box. cheers Doug

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  14. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

BTW: The horst 5000 series is a loader blade that is a power angel reversible. You can find it on their website; then you have to go to options and you will see the 36 inch sides that are available for it. They don't open up like the snow wing. They open up and down only; giving you the option of the reversible plow or to close it into a snow box. If your still interested I would suggest that rather then call Horst direct as they are very expensive on list pricing that maybe you call Jeff Stewart at Stewarts Equipment 519 833 9616. I have found he has better pricing then straight from Horst and he is a knowledgable guy about snow stuff. We have found that pushers work great but sometimes you need a blade. The 5000 series does it all and its not crazy priced either. About the same as our new Arctic sectional pushers actually. The problem with this 5000 series setup is not all machines have the valving to run the system. So the pusher becomes the only choice as adding valves to machines after the fact is big $$$$. Horst actually sells the sides in a manuel actuation format. I have never tried them this way as it looks like a major pina to try and take them off and on. Cheers Doug

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  15. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Its just a truck stop, who cares if you hit a stupid truck :rolleyes:

Haha, Im just kidding, I come from 4 generations of truck drivers, but good luck with whatever you may choose.

16. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

nice.... Mick you have any bigger pics of your car?

I have a 04 dsg mach 1 manual and a 04 mystichrome cobra coupe... im actually a pontiac guy though lol

17. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Pleanty of pics of the cobra send me your email via pm and i send a few 2 u 603 hp (dyno'd at the rear wheels) fun little toy but its going up for the winter in a few weeks so i can play with the new toys!