1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do you think about either of these tires for plowing

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Geary44, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Are these tires new or retreads? Seem like AWESOME prices on some of them to me!
  3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Those are some cheap prices!
  4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

kl78's are a discontinued tire iirc. i got 2 set of the kl71 for our 2500HD in a 285/75r16 and a 33x12.5x18 for my f350
  5. 04WhiteSport

04WhiteSport Senior Member

i'd stay with more of an all terrain tread, not the MT. Nice prices, whats shipping for 4 tires?
  6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

sorry it was a different model i thought was discont. prices look good, especially for a 17" rim
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Those Kuhmo's look nice, but they are P series, not LT. The Coopers ST-S or whatever those were do not look as good in person for snow.
  8. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

I'd stay away from the Kuhmo's. I've had 2 sets of them on 2 different trucks at the same time and both sets seperated with about 40% tread left. :angry: Just my input. That was about 2 years ago.:gunsfiring:
  9. Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn Member

I know alot of huys who swear buy the cooper st's never run them, I just had a set of kl71's and only got 15000, out of them
  10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  11. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Thanks for the link...
  12. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

I started running the coopers last year and like them. have a tailgate spreader and plowed a lot in two wheel drive. One of my friends is on his second set about 45k on the first set. Like any other aggressive tire must rotate a lot to get the best life.
  13. plowboy22

plowboy22 Junior Member
    from ohio

I run the cooper st's on all my trucks expect the newer one that i got i 'm running a set of at grabber 2s by genrals don't have a lot of miles of them seem to be ok but the st's are by far my choose for snow removal run alot in two wheel drive pushing snow i have a 95 dodge with a cummins 2500 and i'm on my second set of them the first set i got 75,000 miles on them before i had to change them.
  14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I hated the Grabbers in the snow. I'm not the only one, either.
  15. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

what size tire should i run on my 17" rims a 285/70/17 or a 265/70/17 and what is the difference between the two sizes ? which one is taller, which is wider ??
  16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Those coopers LOOK like decent tires, but whether they perform well or not I couldn't tell you. I plan to put Firestone Destination M/Ts on my truck next summer.
  17. Diemaker

Diemaker Junior Member

I have the Coopers on my truck a 2500HD & they seem to perform well as far as I can tell.
  18. plowboy22

plowboy22 Junior Member
    from ohio

tire size

the 285/70/17 has the height of a 33" tall tire