1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think about case 580k backhoe to push snow?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by winterweather, Jan 31, 2006.

1. winterweather

winterweather Junior Member

:help: Hi, first time post for me. What do you guys thinks about putting a snow pusher on the front of a 580k case 4x4 backhoe/loader? I'm sure it will push it fine but would just like to get others thoughts. Also it is a 4 cylinder motor not a six cylinder. Should I buy it or not? thanks alot scott

2. steve b

steve b Member

We use a JD 310 4x4 with a Daniels 12ft Pusher and it works great.

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I am seeing a 12' protech in your future. payup

4. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Put a pusher on it and rake in the payup

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

As long as you're not trying to do driveways with it.......

Yeah, a 12 pusher and it should do fine.

6. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

a 12' box will be fine. as long as the height is only 30-36" the 48" and up modles were made for wheel loaders

your 4 cylinder will do just fine: Note a turbo will get better fuel milage than one with out,

I have a 12' box on a JD510D ( 100hp 20,000lb 4x4) lots of fun to push snow with. nothing else works this good.

7. winterweather

winterweather Junior Member

heu thanks guy for the replys this makes me fell better about buying the machine. Now if it would only snow!!!!!!!!!:realmad: