1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think aboiut this chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 20Silverado05, Jan 4, 2011.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Hey guys, I am thinking about getting rid of my daily driver car and getting a truck . My car gets the same mpg as this truck and I cant stand driving a car anymore So take a look at it and tell me what you think about it.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ctd/2139572990.html

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

It looks alright.

3. Medicjdl

Medicjdl Member
    from 02893

Looks like a nice clean truck! You can't beat the 5.7L V8 also. Ha I might go take a look at it...lol

4. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I would love to find a truck like that around here. I have looked at about 20 and they were all used up piles of crap.

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That looks like a nice clean truck.

6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

If it were by me for that price I would buy it!

7. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

AMEN! i ended up buying a 98 halfton ext.cab cause i could not find a single nice truck like that. all 3/4 tons around here were either rusty with high miles, or way overpriced!

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. Doesn't say what engine it has. You will be doing well to get 14 MPG with a 350 assuming it has 4.10 gears. A 454 will be worse. It's a short bed, and those are not alloy wheels.

That looks like a Maine inspection sticker, May. Just make sure the underside looks as good as the outside. Double check the inner rockers.

9. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I like it. I wish I could have found an extended cab instead of the reg. cab when I bought mine. I did find a 98 K2500 ext-cab with the 454 after I bought mine. It had 83,000 miles on it and was immaculate. They wanted about $12,000 for it which was too much. It sat there for a long time before it dissapeared.

The truck you are looking at probably has the 5.7L in it because I don't see the auxillary fan behind the grill that the 454 trucks have.

Wayne

10. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

11. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

run a carfax on it, it is worth paying for a 1 month subscription

12. Sp3cialized

Sp3cialized Member
    from CT

Run a carfax, bring a scanner, check everything.

Nice trucks, I love mine to death. I wouldnt trade for anything but a 2011 :p

Then again, I do have a 3/4t Sub, & 2 3/4t parts trucks to steal stuff off of :p :p

13. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

what kind of car do you drive that gets such poor gas mileage that you think a 350 powered truck is going to match it ?

I second the suggestion to crawl underneath and triple check its as clean as it looks, Getting to the car wash is a real challenge for many people ( including my wife) here in new england

14. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Looks real clean. I would put your plow on it and just keep your diesel for personal use lol

15. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

wow, that is gorgeous! If that's all original it's worth every penny, and if it was all done over it's worth every penny. buy it because it wont be around long

16. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

I drive a Mercury Marauder . and the pedal is mostly not at a position that is great with fuel mielage

17. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Hard to believe it get 15 in city and 26 on hwy.

Chevy 350 in winter get 11-15 that come from people I talk with K2500 ext cab.