1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you say at the bottom of the bill?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowMan4U, Feb 13, 2006.

1. SnowMan4U

SnowMan4U Member

What do you put at the bottom of the bill you send your customer so that they send their payment in on time? Past 30 days 1.5%? Cancelled service after 60 days?
    What helps you keep your customers paying ON TIME!
  2. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks for choosing MJM Landscaping!

Works pretty good.
  3. NickyBombs

NickyBombs Member

TOTAL AMOUNT DUE $$$$$payup payup :waving:
  4. JTW

JTW Senior Member

PAY UP SUCKA!!!!payup
  5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Thank you and sign my name sometimes a small hand written note, it keeps it personal.
  6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

This is "cut and paste" from one of my bills:

Please pay amount due by the 10th of the following month

Checks payable to: Mick Smith or Mick’s Snow & Ice Management

If you have suggestions on how I could improve service, please contact me at (xxx-xxxxx) or Mick.J.Smith@att.net
  7. JPLTrucking

JPLTrucking Member

Hey, you stole mine... :D
  8. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

My "contracts" state payments are due in full within 30 days of invoice date and past due accounts will be subject to a $5.00 fee plus 1.5% daily compounded unless previous arraingements have been made, so all I say is "Amount Due".

The only time someone is late is when one of my traveling customers misses her mail.
  9. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

DUE UPON RECIEPT!!!!!!!!! Stated on all bills and is spelled out clearly on contracts.
  10. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Man I'm adopting Big Dog D's--- usually put payable within 30 days! As a joke one time put on a bill of a clients that I knew was away on buss travel--or will truck snow and redeposit amount removed!--He promptly paid and with a tip. His wife didn't know what our arrangement was:dizzy: (each bill stated how many pushes and amount for the month)
  11. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

All of mine are due upon receipt and if they go more than a couple of weeks they get shut off. I have a few accounts that due to their payment systems run 30days but most pay within 2 weeks.
  12. bcf

bcf Senior Member

Due upon Reciept, and Thank you for your business. Most pay within 2 weeks, a few take 3-4 weeks.
  13. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

pay or u will die.....lol...no

it only says "state the dates of the storms you are paying for in the memo section of youre check", i dont have to much problems with people not paying, just here and there, just a simple phone call and they are good!