1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do you prefer

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by vincent, Dec 18, 2008.

1. vincent

vincent Senior Member

The joy stick or hand held control? Last year I ran my partners truck which has a curtis plow with a joy stick controler.

My plow I bought this year has the hand held controler. I really got to plow snow this past Tuesday night for the first time with the boss. It seemed to me that the joy stick is much easier or friendly to use rather than the hand held. Its too big and bulkly to me.

I'm thinking of switching over to the boss joy stick, if and I mean if, boss has a hanger attachment so you can hang it on the door like the old coffe cup holders.

ps. I would be willing to trade mine for a joy stick, hmmmm:D
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Still like my my hand held controller .I shift with my left hand and hold it in the right hand.
  4. eschmandt66

eschmandt66 Junior Member

I like the handheld, I put the hand held in my right hand with handle on and velcro strap around the back of my hand. I also shift my automatic trans with my right hand with plow control in that hand, steer with my left hand. seems to work best for me.
    Hope this helps.
    10" of snow coming and I'm stuck at work for a few more hours before I can plow, boo-hoo
  5. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

I didnt like my handheld at first either....they seemed awkward and I felt like I was always fumbling for it .( My old truck had fixed rocker style controls, mounted on the left). But, after plowing a few times, I now actually like the handheld. I do kind of like 66, but I use the strap of the controler to to "hang" it on the shift lever. I took another velcro tie strap and wrapped it around the handle of the controller, just below the shift lever. Now the controller pretty much stays in place by its self on the shift lever.

I can easily reach the controls with my right thumb while shifting with the same hand.

"Works for ME!"
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  6. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

I've used them both I prefer the hand held.
  7. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

I'd rather have it fixed and at a nice location where you dont have to search for it all the time, Old cell phone stand serves it purpose perfectly here

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I vote for the joystick. To much going on to hold the controller as well.
  9. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

I have the joy stick and handheld for my Boss, I wish the joy stick wasn't as big but I like it alot better, the handheld seems to be very awkward to use and hold onto. However the touch pad on my Diamond is my favorite, it will sit right on my left leg. But in the end they all get the job done.

10. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

I like the joystick: