1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you people like for plows?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DareDog, Oct 24, 2007.

1. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

do you like the Hydraulic or electirc Hydraulic plows?
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I like the E/H because the whole thing comes off the truck with minimal under the hood adn i know how to fixt them for the most part. However, the hydraulic ones are easy to fix and are built like tanks!
  3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I think simpler is better. To me, the conventional Fisher could not be topped by anything. Even the first series of the Minute Mount with hydraulic plugs at the grill was a great setup (despite the inevitable mess that ran down the front). Downfalls were speed, but there was always engine heat keeping things warm, and the simplicity of belts & hoses. Electric are fantastic when they're working, but the second a connection is gone or a motor is shot, we're dead in the water (I have to admit a handicap with electronics).
  4. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

I like hydraulic plows, i have a fisher, its the old style before the Min Mount, its over 20 yrs old and it works great, i have no no problems with it at all.:angel: :drinkup:
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The hydro works great with a stick. put the clutch in and gas it up it went all the while shifting in reverse.
  6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Central hydraulic on that run the plow, undertailgate and dump body are the only way to plow. Once you go central you never go back.
  7. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

My first plow was a convertional Fisher speedcaster. Spectacular plow. Dead reliable at over 20 years of hard use...started out used commercially and eventually was hauled away when the truck just wouldn't go anymore.
  8. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

The old belt driven hydro. This will be my first year with a MM2 Eh and I am scared. The old speedcast never ever quit. Wish I could have the MM2 with belt driven even if it ment full head gear. Like stated above its a unstoppable tank and if you had trouble "which I never did" its easy to fix in the field. I had every part on the shelf just in case. It just collected dust.