1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you like about ProTech

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by smokejmpr, Jul 22, 2011.

1. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

Why Protech over others. I am thinking about adding Protech to our product line-up. Let me know what model you are running show pics if you have them.ussmileyflag

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

1.Horizontal reinforcement of Pro-Tech's pushers is superior to comparable models. I have seen many twisted Buyers that don't sit completely flat on the ground.

2.The boxed wing supports are much nicer and well designed then the typical bar that supports the wings in place on most other manufactures. Since its boxed in, snow doesn't get caught behind them and then fall out on your clean pavement when backing up.

3. I personally have found the paint finish to be far superior to lets say, a Buyers Scoop Dogg.

4. Price is now very competitive, and pretty much in line with any other manufactures of comparable style pushers.

5. Dealer support. Being that your a dealer, this won't apply to your decision. But I had the mount on a S10PS model (10' rubber edge skid steer model). My dealer had a mobile welding truck on my site the same day taking care of the situation right away. Better than I can say for some of my past purchases of various equipment.

6. Customer support. When I bought my first pro-tech pusher, I had questions on properly setting the rubber edge. I called pro-tech and got a fast, and good response. Over a period of a couple years, that phone call then evolved into me sending them videos of my Pro-Techs in use, then me being in the Project Sno Fighter documentary, and on a first name basis with most of the guys in pro-tech's corporate office. I can't really say that about any other company.

Here is a shot of 2- 10' Pro-Tech rubber edge skid steer models on my two Kubota M7040's.

IMG_0083.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  3. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

Thanks for this info. This info is very helpful. I am glad that you are getting great customer support from both your dealer and the factory. With out this someone could say a product is poor.

4. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

I used to plow with a Case W20C and a 12ft ProTech in an area with 120+ inches of annual snow fall and I could not kill it they are tough as nails and made to be used and abused and come back for more. The last year I plowed with that machine and pusher that area broke it's snow fall record and I killed a plow truck and Western Pro Plow moving snow that winter but the pusher is on another loader now and still moving snow with no repairs that I know of and that particular blade has been in use since 1999 so it's well used.

We also aquired another pusher for our John Deere 544E last year and we cut our machine time from 8-12 hours down to 3-5 depending on snow fall. Here are a couple pictures of the new one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

That Deere is a nice looking machine.
    Robert