1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you leave the customer after plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by POWER STROKE, Jan 7, 2011.

I just got a phone call today from one of my customers, She said "when will be out,I told her I was there at 2:00am this morning. I was just wondering what everyone leaves on site or at the house so the the customer knows you were there.
    Some sort of slip or invoice

Thanks in advance for any help or input
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. rofoth6

rofoth6 Member
    from iowa

A pile of snow. If they can't tell if you were there, then they must be snow blind!Thumbs Up
  3. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

We leave a business card with date time conditions and what services we're done. Only do it on a few. most just ask when the bill is high for some details then we give them all that information for every event then hey say nothing more. Houses on the other hand sometimes get frustrating not worth a business card sometimes.
  4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

this is a recurring issue and a pain in the arse, havent come up with anything feasable yet, maybe a paintball to the garage door...
  5. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

Write your name in the snow. Just be sure to have lots of coffee before you start your route.Thumbs Up
  6. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

7. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

A SERIOUS shortage of recently accumulated snowfall, and a LOT of bare asphalt and concrete...
  8. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I have to sign in on my places since their open 24/7. I've had to leave receipts before, but they can blow away or get lost in the snow if there's not a designated place to put it. Though about leaving orange irrigation flag markers before, w/ the date and time written on it, but I like the paint ball idea better. I know some guys who fax it over, make them sign and fax back...a pita, but almost bullet proof.
  9. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

clean pavement and some big piles of snow

if they don't believe me, well, they can find a new person.

seriously, who needs customers like that?

although I'm more than willing to call them and talk to them personally

at 3am in the morning.
  10. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I never hardly use them, but I found something online for lawn mowing, so I just made it work for snow. I have only used them 2 times, one for a 1 timer, the other for a regular so she had my address..

Copy away...

Business name

We have plowed/cleared your drive/walks today. Ice Melt WAS or WAS NOT applied to your drive/walk ways.

The Date is: ____/____/20___ The Time is: ___________AM/PM

Your total for snow plowing &/or Ice melt today is $________

Please Mail Check or Money Order (Please do not send cash in the mail) to:

Your name
    City,state zip
    Thank You for your business
  11. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

We just leave a clean lot behind.

Chances are they were not even there yet and just wanted to know if you had been by. I have had a few do that. Just checking to see if we went out there when they woke up in the morning.
  12. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

a bigger pile of snow
  13. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah i do some Gas stations..
    What happens w/ those are you take 10+ or none.
    So at each one my guy has to go in and sign a clip board that each store has.. I think it says like date,time, salt or no salt....

that way they can go back when i send them a BIG @$$ invoice and look to see if im telling the truth or not.

Its a little hard because i have to be on my toes about how many times we came otherwise he'll slap me with the clip board! :yow!: lol

Thanks every one for your input and help
  15. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

o more bs

tell the customer to install video cameras that record so when they receive an invoice they can get some popcorn and watch the video just put the time in and the time out on the invoice is works for me no arguing when i am there no false billing i ad one installed on a contract that is good for 5 years................
  17. b&b landscapes

b&b landscapes Member

we leave door hangers with our advertisement on one side and a "while we were here we......" with service provided, date, time, temp, weather conditions, site conditions.... all our customers are advised that we leave these to verify we were there with what we did..... never had a call or complaint
  18. MattR

MattR Senior Member

For residentials, just remove the muffler. I am sure they will notice when you are there plowing as will the neighbors. Just reinstall the muffler for daytime plowing since they should be awake by then anyways.

Seriouslly, I am fortunate to have the customers that I do. Never had one doubt that I was there when the bill arrives. Our first snowstorm dumped 15 inches and drives were plowed multiple times, never an arguement on how many times I was there. I have earned their trust so they trust that I was there X amount of times, even if they were not home (or awake) to notice it.

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

Matt good one lmao
  20. DeAdZoNe

DeAdZoNe Member

I had a lady call about invoices a couple times, would say stuff like it didnt even snow that day....I would give her the websites proving the snow fall totals etc. So after a couple calls, when I did her driveway the next time....the entire neighborhood was up lol. Dogs were barking, lights coming on in the house, etc. She still called, this time I wrote down the time. I said no disrespect but I saw you come to the window at 2:53am...you had a bright pink robe on....you saw my truck. She never questioned a bill again :)