1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do you huys think about this truck?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Geary44, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

2. AGM Inc.

AGM Inc. Member
    from Ohio

i have the same truck but with the 5.7 350 gas. it has a meyer plow
  3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looks pretty clean to me- if there are no major issues and you cna get him down to around $4-5K I'd say it's a good deal...miles are a little high but it's a diesel so you should be okay.
  4. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

how are the 6.5 diesels
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Make comments about the possible and known problems with the 6.5 diesels to get him dow as low as you can. So long as it is clean that truck will be a work horse. You may want to read up online about some of the known problems that the 6.5's have first as well.
  6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

In my opinion the 6.5 is a gutless severly under powered motor. It seems like either you got a good one that would run 300,000 + miles or a POS that wouldn't make it to 70,000 miles

It wouldn't be my first choice for a work truck since they don't have much for power but as a backup I would think you should be okay