1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you have for tires on yourATV?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by mercer_me, Oct 29, 2008.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

What do you have for tires on yourATV? I have Carlisol Badland on my 2004 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 and I love them.

2. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

28x12.5x12 highlifter outlaws and nice chrome rims
    [​IMG]

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

for summer i have 26x10-12 dirt devil x/t's on ac rims
    [​IMG]

for winter 489 a/t's on ac rims
    [​IMG]

4. RLTimbs

RLTimbs Member

stock tires on mine... and I'm bout due for a new set

They are expensive though..

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

look on craigslist and ebay for a good used set. I sold my old tires for $75 for all 4 and they were still good. then i bought my plow tires on the ac rims for $50 for all 4 on rims and i bought my mud tires for $125 for all 4 on rims with only 7 miles on them. for plowing you are better off with the stock tires.

6. mercer_me

My tires are stock to. I wouldn't put big mud tires on they are wicked hard on your front end. My cousin striped all the gears out of his front end becouse he had big mud tires and they got to much traction. I would just get an agresive trail tire like the Carlisle ATP they are mad in the U.S.A.ussmileyflag

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

i really dont have an issue with the muds. I only went one inch bigger. but i will say they have very good grip in mud and snow.

8. mercer_me

Sorry I ment the Carlisle ACT. I must have hit the rong keys sorry again.