1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by FteNelson, Mar 1, 2009.

1. FteNelson

FteNelson Member

Saw this truck the other day in one of the heavy equipment magazines.
    2004 f-350 4x4 10 foot caped utility box
    6.0l
    81k miles
    One owner they gave me all the maintenance records and it was meticulously maintained
    test drove it the other day started right up drove good(as good as a f-350 dually can lol)
    they want $18,950
    thinking about offering 15,500
    [​IMG]

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a great truck...I've got an 04 psd.

I wouldn't want to plow with all that crap on the back though.

3. FteNelson

FteNelson Member

if i bought it the cap would be off it in a heartbeat man

then there comes to the blade part, id love to get a extreme v but the more i think about it i think id be all messed up with one, ive run a straight blade for almost 10 years haha

4. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

That would be sweet work truck. you get used to not being able to see behind you, just make sure you got some nice worklights back there.

5. FteNelson

FteNelson Member

this is my ttruck now
    [​IMG]
    with those boxes i cant see anyway ive used my mirrors plowing the 4 years ive owned that truck

:redbounce

i think for 15 or 16 its well worth the money i cant believe the shape that utility box is in

6. FteNelson

FteNelson Member

my only real question is for you 6.0 guys
    how is that motor every deisel ive ever owned has been the good old 7.3l lol
    and ive heard the horror stories of the 6.0

7. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

I wouldnt get a 6.0 if I were you, the reason ford is making their own engine in 2010 (the scorpion) is because navistar is having problems with the warranty on the 6.0 because it's so bad. Some guys have perfect 6.0's but alot of them are not good. They're by far the worst diesel engine ford has made. Now, this is coming from someone who's never owned one, I've done alot of research on them but never owned one. just what i've learned.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Once head gaskets and turbo issues are fixed right, they're good motors. Seems like a good deal if you could get into it for $15k or so.

9. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

plus navistar is haveing issued make the new emmesion standards

10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a pretty nice truck. I think it would be worth almost what they are asking. You could most likely sell the box off the back for a couple grand, right?

11. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I try not to think to much. It hurts too much

12. FteNelson

FteNelson Member

i need a utility body its the cap i map take off

there pulling my credit now, which kind of scares me haha

offered em 14,500 they said 16500
    met in the middle got it for 15,500

wesport

13. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Whoever is saying the 6.0L Powerstroke is junk watch these video clips.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MdxMM73whkQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MdxMM73whkQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q0TOrOIVyHQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q0TOrOIVyHQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

That tool box is worth a mint! For us plow guys it is worth F*** all. Trade in for a regular box and a few extras I think you will be :D. $15 500 is good but that utility is still worth at least $4 500 and that is cheap at that.. JMO.tymusic

15. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

thats a good truck for the price.. how's the interior? (options).. i know i love my cd player when im plowing.. as for the 6.0 once they go through and replace the trubo and head gaskets you just have the lovely egr to worry about.. its got lots of power and i feel is a great engine.. the egr is only a minor thing (just keep it stock) i also run a ctane booster in mine (as per the dealer)
    id go for it if i was you

16. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

2004 is the worst year for 6.0Ls, once my buddies hit 50k he's had nothing but problems, its a F550 dump.

17. FteNelson

FteNelson Member

i need a utility body though :jester:

18. FteNelson

FteNelson Member

turbo, and head gaskets were already done when minuteman took delivery, didnt need to be but apparently ford paid for there techs to do it.

biggest problem with the 6.0 is when guys buy tuners the heads cant handle the extra 120 hp.

i pick it up on Wednesday wesport:drinkup::salute:

19. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

niec congratulations.. was it at minuteman?
    just dont baby it and your egr will be fine (thats what my ford dealer told me) and also run the powerservice diesle kleen+ fuel supplement it will help keep it from gunking the egr up.

20. FteNelson

FteNelson Member

yea it was right on the street side to man
    i couldnt say no once they took my second offer lol

already have a case of diesel kleen (stole it from my uncle) hell he gets it by the truckful lol

dont know what im going to put on it for a blade over the summer but might just get a 9ft ss xblade