1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sharpshooter77, Apr 7, 2007.

?

What to do with my truck.

1. Put on Flat-bed with dump lift with rack body sides ?

39 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. Use pick up box with dump lift ?

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Leave it as a pick up only ?

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

O.k guys heres a question for you. I have recently bought a dump lift that makes your pick up into a dumper. Today I to a good look at the pick up box on my 1995 F-350, and its not in good condtion. Last year I made a flat-bed for my old 1986 F-250, but I junked the truck and kept the flat-bed.And I could put the flat-bed on my curruent truck and put the dump lift into. And I can get free rack body sides too. I want to know what you guys think I should do.

2. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

what kind of work do you use your truck for?

3. Sharpshooter77

JET- My truck gets used anything from welding, landscaping, snow plowing the list goes on and on. I want the flat-bed because I can up larger items in my truck with out fighting with the wheel wells and I also like being able to dump stuff when I'm doing landscaping.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like the falt bed body will work well for your application of doing many things! Good Luck!

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

The poll results say it!!!!!!! whatever you do....get pics!!!!

6. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

yea the flat bed is a good choice.. i voted that lol

7. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

I put a flatbed on my 79 Ford. Good investment. Mine doesn't get near enough use though.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'd go with the flatbed too. It'd be much more versatile for you judging by your description of the type of use the truck see's.

9. Sharpshooter77

Well spent yesterday afternoon tearing the pick up bed off the truck. It wasn't that hard once you unhook the tail lights and wireing harness. I used my grinder and ground down the 6 bolts that hold it down to the frame. Once it was unbolted I used 2 floor jacks on the passenger side to lift the box up pretty high. When it was almost falling off I pushed it over on its side. Then I thru a set of tail lights on it and my licsens plate, so that way I can get around for awhile. I have pics of the deconstruction I will post those later today. Today I will drop the rear gas tank and start fixing the rear shackle problem, and I might put in the dump lift surpport beam. I will keep you guys posted. :drinkup: :waving: :drinkup: :salute:

10. Sharpshooter77

O.K guys I have pics to post but how do I resize them. Its saying my pics are to big to post. Any help form anyone one would be great. THANKS

11. payton

payton Senior Member

12. Sharpshooter77

Pics are in.

The first two of my truck are in the test section, I can't move them and It won't let me post them again. Heres another

phpZpwOcbAM.jpg

13. Sharpshooter77

Another one

phpt7i4fOAM.jpg

14. Sharpshooter77

A few more for ya.

phpN5rSraAM.jpg

phpKc79icAM.jpg

php1lEmhXAM.jpg

15. Sharpshooter77

Found out that I have a few holes in my spring hangers and spring schackels

phpR4lrbtPM.jpg

phpZchpb1PM.jpg

phpbgAPgUPM.jpg

16. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Replace those shackels. My friend had his F-250 drop on him while he was driving two shackels let go and the springs were resting on the bed. I'd say you got quite a bit of use out of that bed.
    -Eric

17. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You should be able to get the shackles and mount pods from FORD. Bolt them back on with grade 8 bolts and nuts. You can buy them a lot cheaper at Industrial Fastener places.

If you are changing the rubber bushings. An easy way to get them out is use a 1/4 drill bit and drill motor. Drill down between the spring eye and the bushing. When it bottoms out the bit will start spinning rotating around the bushing,when it does just pull up,it will walk the bushing right out.

18. Sharpshooter77

Sorry guys I have been hard a work and haven't posted anything new lately. But anyways here you guys go. The first 3 pics are the dump supporrt beam, and the dump lift, and pump.

php5cet8OAM.jpg

phpEwcbEMAM.jpg

phpr0qXY0AM.jpg

19. Sharpshooter77

The next 3 are the driver side spring shackle and spring hanger repair. I got these from my buddy that works at Bay State Spring. It only cost me a 100$$ for all the parts.

php5uINZFAM.jpg

phpl1jXaYAM.jpg

phpKig9uwAM.jpg

20. Sharpshooter77

The next 3 are the passenger side spring shackle and spring hanger repair.

php8fvmRsAM.jpg

phpZT3QdcAM.jpg

phpr5etlUAM.jpg