1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by slclawn, Feb 15, 2007.

1. slclawn

slclawn Member
    from IN

I have a boss vee blade about five years old and it will need repainted next this year. Well my local rino liner place said they could match the color and rino line the blade. I asked them if it would still have the life time warenty and they said yes they would fix any gouges or scratches free as long as i had it. I have never herd af any one doing this but i think it would work and the snow should not stick to it. They said it might add ten pounds at the most to the blade. Do you guys think it would work.
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think it will roll snow as well, because rhino lining is kinda rough isn't it. Other than that, I think you're the perfect guinea pig. If it ends up sucking, can you get the stuff off?

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Dont they make a smooth type liner also?
  4. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

I worked for line x when i was in high school. The product worked great for back blades. It sucked for front blades. The snow would stick and not slide off. Even if we did not texture it and left it smooth it still stuck to the blade. Add about 10 pounds ya right. try close to 50 for a 7.5 strait blade. If you have it done and want it off it will take about 6 hours with an air chisel. Been their done that. We got a bad batch of product and had to strip 30 trucks, 2 blades, lots of running boards. Needles to say it sucked. Any questions pm me.
  5. slclawn

slclawn Member
    from IN

Thanks for the in put it would have sucked to do that and find out the hard way.
  6. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Seriously just add fluid film!!!! :nod: It works great to keep the snow from building up and sticking.

Hope they send me a check for the plug haha! payup

All Clear
  7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

if you don't mind me asking, how much did they quote you to do the blade?
  8. slclawn

slclawn Member
    from IN

They said that it would cost aroun $250.00 you guys think if it was done and fluid film was on it would almost be like a polly blade.
  9. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

How about a Fluid Film T-Shirt? :drinkup:

Thanks for the plug!
  10. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

How do they get the lining to stick chiping and flaking powder coat??
    let me know it goes
  11. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

How about a sample, I hear about it but dont know where to get it around here
  12. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I painted 4 plows with imron paint worked greate!! so dose not stick! the stuff wears like iron.
  13. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

imron paint? Where do you get that? Why cant you just clear the hell out of a newly painted blade and wax the hell out of it afterwards? I don't think I would do the Rhino lining thing. That stuff is meant to keep things from sliding in the bed of your truck. So snow is NOT going to roll to well.
  14. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

If you haven't tried Fluid Film and live within the Continental United States, just pm me and I'll get a can right out to you. If you'd like to find your closest dealer, just go to our website and check out our dealer locator.

Thanks for your interest in Fluid Film!
  15. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Someone make a damn thread about Fluid Film so we can all ask questions about it and what it is good for. I mean beside coating the plow.

I can get WD-40 in gallon cans here and use my lawn sprayer if that is all it is.

Give me some reasons other then coating my plow for it.
  16. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

When I first joined here I started a thread about bed liner on a plow blade. The guy who installed my bed liner said he was starting to do a lot of plows, especially for municipalities. He said that it does add some weight but not that much. I got a new plow for the truck so thats where I left it. I have a reflex bed liner, very similar to rhino. Nothing slides in the bed but i see how the snow would not stick to it like it sticks to the painted blade. I have one older plow that I might get done as it is looking a little beat up. If anyone does have it done please let us know, and if anyone gets it done let us know how it turns out.
  17. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

This type of idea may work if you have an old plow that's rusting out. Instead of having to sand blast the whole thing then repaint it (probably not worth it considering the worth of the plow), you could just blast it down with a liquid bedliner to stop the rusting.

On another note Rhino lining is CRAP. Linex is loads better! Linex is stronger and has a better warranty. Rhino lining has a dealer type warranty - this means that the dealer that installed your Rhino lining is the only person that will honor the "lifetime" the warranty. So if your Rhino dealer stops doing Rhino - your "lifetime" warranty is useless. Linex on the other hand warranties evrything through the company. So as long as you have a receipt from a Linex dealer - you are covered for life!! (as long as the Linex corperation doesn't go out of business).
  18. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Here you go.

Some of the other uses have been discussed in the below link.
    Sorry about hijacking the thread.:drinkup:
    I Found Fluid Film so good compared to whats out there I became a dealer in NH for it.

19. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I can see having a spray liner on the back of the plow but not the front.
  20. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I was thinking the same thing...

Do the spray liner on all but the plow face.Then paint the plow face with a good industrial enamel or ???
    Thats what I would try.Sounds like the guys that have used the liner have a good point,It isnt and isnt supposed to be slippery.