1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

2. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

buy it before i do
  3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

It's quite nice, but I'd probably buy something different for that money.

On a side note, I wonder what size those wheels and tires are....:confused:
  4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

that's quite an odd truck. Rarely see GMCs that aren't loaded up with leather and power everything. I didn't know you could still get crank windows. And it has a plow but has never plowed? Wonder why it's had three owners when it's barely two years old, and only 12k miles? Says clear title and Carfax, but I would want to know who owned it. May have been a rental or lease, but I doubt it with the wheels. Recovered theft would explain the wheels and tires, but then that should show up on Carfax, right. And who takes off nice factory wheels to replace them with el cheapos? They don't look too bad, but they are the cheapest alloys out there. The price is nothing special, I've seen nicer for between 20-25k. In addition to Carfax, you can take the VIN to a dealer and they can tell you it's warranty repair history. Maybe it was a lemon or a even buyback. Something about that truck just smells funny to me, I'd keep looking.
  5. Detroitdan

I clicked on the carfax checker and it came back with 12 hits! doesn't tell you what they are without an account, but 12 is an awful lot of anything in a short time.
  6. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Oh yeah, somethings a bit fishy. 12 hits for 12 thousand miles? Something doesn't jive. If you're serious about this one, spend the $15 and do a Carfax on it.
  7. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Yeah, good eye. I planned on going back tomorrow and getting a look at it in the daylight. Maybe making an offer of 20-21k. Also going to ask for the Car Fax Report to see what is up. I was told it was a GM lease return.
  8. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

just to let you know ive heard some bad things about executive cars. Some problems with vehicles from new orleans, and other minor disasters such as hurricanes if you know what i mean.
  9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

that exp with no power group and that blade needs a new cutting edge
  10. jbone

jbone Senior Member

not all gmc's came with nice facotry alloy wheels. Mine didnt, the black fron plastic grille hints to me that its a work truck . They came with cheap steelies that werent as nicwe as those. By the way it says cd player but it doesnt have one. I wouldnt buy it b/c of a 3 owner history in such short of a time. With a bad reputation as a dealership.
  11. Detroitdan

okay, I'll agree it could have come with ugly wheels, being a work truck. I wonder who put the wheels on, the dealer? Lessees aren't supposed to make any changes to a leased vehicle. Vinyl floors? Yuck. Is that where the plow controller belongs? Or is it just a holder to set it in when not using? I'd hate to have to lean way down there to use it. Any way of knowing if it has the factory plow package? I did find the cd player, but I was unable to find the crew cab or the longbed. Looks like an extended cab shortbed to me. Checked their ebay feedback, 3 negatives.

Here's my take on it: if it's what you want, and you can make a great deal on it, it probably will make a good truck for you as long as it doesn't have serious underlying problems. But for the same kind of money I would rather get one with all the toys, You have to think about resale value, too. If there end up being problems, or even if there isn't when you go to sell it who's going to want a stripped truck with no options? If I was you I'd go to your bank or credit union, get pre-approved for whatever amount you're comfortable borrowing, then start shopping in that price range. If you've got your financing lined up used car dealers have no leverage on you. (and your own bank will give you a better loan product than a dealer anyway) Lots of online resources like AutoTrader, cars.com, you name it there's a million of them, look at private sales, they often have nicer trucks than something that's come through an auction shrouded in mystery. New GM dealers will have some trade-ins of late model 2500hds, and also for that kind of money you can buy a new one, when the rebates and attractive financing rates are right. Best of luck to you, let us know how it turns out.
  12. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Lots of work truck cues there...hand crank windows, black plastic grill and wheelwell covers, basic rear step bumper, basic 4x4 controls.. Then there are some upscale things about it...dual zone cliamte controls, cd/tape deck, nice wheels (could have been put on elsewhere though), fog light switch...notably without foglights.

The carfax makes me nervous enough without the inconsistent setup. I wouldn't touch it.
  13. Detroitdan

Well, I do realize it's a work truck, plus he said it in the original post. I'm just pointing out that the aftermarket wheels are weird and the W/T package is likely to kill your resale value. I've plowed with crank windows before, I don't want to do it again. Remember when 7 1/2 foot plows were for 1/2 ton trucks? Looks funny to me when a 3/4 or a 1 ton isn't even carrying an 8 foot plow.
  14. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

Seems funny to have a unimount on that new of a truck.
  15. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Guys guys jesus.....

Did anyone read my post?

The truck is a W/T package. Very common.

It does have the plow prep. Did anyone care to look at the pics and see the switch for the roof lamp?

The plow was just added to the truck by this dealer. He has guy who sells mounts and blades to him. He then goes and buys the correct truck side parts and has them installed. That black moutn is for the controller. He didn't want to put holes in the dash. I also said that I'd be taking the plow off for a new, HD set up.

How, may I ask, will having a W/T kill resale if I buy it as a W/T? Same argument for Diesel trucks. Yes resale is higher but you are paying more.

Keep in mind, that the guy is aksing 25,900.00. With the plow on it. I'm going to try to get him down to 21,500.

Where is everyone seeing three owners? Here is how Car Fax works. Each time the registration changes hands it goes up on Car Fax. The truck was bought in PA, then sold to an owner in Jersey. = Two reports on ownership. The it got returned and the title went to an auction house. = 3rd ownership.

I should have been more specific in my question: How do those of you that have them like these trucks?

PS - I have Car Fax in my hand. Truck was a Delaer Demo in PA, Sold as a fleet vehicle, in NJ, returned and auctioned in VA to these guys that have it now.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  16. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

You can get ALOT more truck for that kind of money! I wouldn't touch it like has been said 3 owners that fast...Who knows! I have heard through ebay dealings they are kind of a crooked shady dealer as well!
    I just bought a 2005 Chevy 2500 HD Ext Cab, Short Bed, Fully Loaded LT, with the Duramax/Allison with 37,000 miles on it for $26,990 here in MN. Granted it doesn't have a plow or anything but what's that old western worth, it's obviously older than the truck since it's a unimount not an ultramount plow!
  17. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Someone just bought the thing today.

It sold for 24,600....sucker.
  18. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

I Bought my 05' brand new LOADED for the same money.
  19. Detroitdan

at least it wasnt you
  20. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

What did you hold a gun to their head to get it? I get the truck at employee price and could not get it that low, LOADED. Damn near impossible. Since a loaded truck with a 6.0 costs near to 38k with every option.