1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Par 5 Lawn Care, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Par 5 Lawn Care

Par 5 Lawn Care Junior Member

There's a school/church that I need to place a plowing bid on, but I'm not sure how to come up with the proper charge for it. I know I want to make $90 per hour while plowing, but am having a hard time figuring out how long it will take me to clear.

I'll be using one truck (99' F250 with Power Stroke/Blizzard 810). I have one years experience and am comfortable bidding open lots, but this lot has a lot of lanes as well as nooks and crannies. I'm thinking that the more area a lot has that is part of lanes, the quicker I should be able to clear it due to less time spent turning around. Since the main lane wraps around the building, I had planned on making laps around the lane to clear it. I figured it would then be best to start pushing the snow off of the many 4 and 5 parking spot islands that branch off the main lane. These blocks that are scattered about really have me wondering how long this place will take to do.

I'm going to try to post pictures on here of the lot. I'm sure that's what most of you will tell me to do anyway.

Any ideas?

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Victor,

It is JP I thought I would bring this back up for you in case you still needed some help.