1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think of: Meyer DP 6'8"

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Nielubie, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Nielubie

Nielubie Junior Member

What do you guys think about the Meyer DP 6'8" plow? I'm suppose to have it installed on an '06 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with a 4" lift next week and wanted to know your thoughts about the plow package itself and having it installed on a Jeep.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Have to wonder why you didn't ask before you scheduled an appointment if you're basing your decision on feedback. :confused:
  3. Nielubie

Nielubie Junior Member

I used to have a Meyer plow before on my Bronco II and it was great. The parts are on order and they said I can back out anytime until they put the plow on the Jeep. That's why I'm asking now, I still have like a week before they come in and can back out anytime. Just want to make sure I'm making the right decision.
  4. jkrak

jkrak Junior Member
    from midwest

Dont do it! Look into SnowDogg.
  5. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

have the lot pro not drive pro but i like it
    also have a snowdogg and I like it but the dp will way about 150 lbs more i think so it will back drag better.
  6. jefx

jefx Junior Member

Its a great little package as long as you realize what your buying.

Its a residential plow built like a commercial plow.....but its not a commercial plow. Its great for light duty use, like driveways and small lots, but it cant hang with bigger plows when it comes to heavy, wet snow and ice.

Not too sure about your 4" lift.....that may cause some problems keeping the cutting edge on the ground at full lock.
  7. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I have a CP 8 w/a E60. It works great for me even though it is a 1993 model. In my town, we have one plow store and they have Meyer and Western. We have a lot of plowers and you can go all day and maybe see one or two meyers not counting mine. They are all Westerns. When I went to the store for a part, the guy on the counter said if I had western, I wouldn't need that part. That should tell you something.