1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think I should do?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by firefighter1406, Oct 27, 2009.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I bought a Meyer 8.5 C last year. It is a Classic Mount system with a E-60 pump. It works great and I just spent the last two weeks to tear the plow completely down get rid of the rust and paint, so it looks good. But I might have a deal on a BOSS RT2 8.2 V for $500 bucks. It is about 8 years old but everything works cause I know the guy selling it and he uses it every year. And it is a complete set up for my tuck. What do you guys think I should do, I am trying to get some bigger contracts this winter, should I just stick with the one I got or go for the V. I would have to tear this one all down and do the same, and take the one I have on my truck all off. I would have a buyer for mine right away, I just dont know if it is worth it. I figured I would ask you BOSS guys since you might have used this plow I am looking at.
  2. jamartz

jamartz Member

I guess I dont know anyting about your meyer set-up but I will say if you can get an 8 year old Boss V for $500 bucks you should do it! You will love the V and especially a Boss!
    The one I had on my 99 Ram was a 99 model with the same mount you are looking at the RT2 mount.....not the easiest hook up sometimes unless you have something you can push up too to help hold the plow. But IMO Boss makes the stongest and toughest plows and mounts, and reliability has been great for me.

But mine was 10 years old and worked great, still faster hydralics than some of my buddies new blades.

Once you have had a v-plow you wont want antything else!
  3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

True, the RT-2 is kinda hard to mount & dis-mount, mine I always droped it at a tree, chained it to the tree to pull it off and pushed against it to hook up, but you will love a BOSS, go for it man!
  4. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

RT1 has the hydrualics under the hood and had a chain lift system I think. The RT2 had dual 'spikes' to mount. Whats the difference between the RT3 and the Smart hitch, just the switch to flip on the side to lift the tower?
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  5. jamartz

jamartz Member

I beleive so, RT3 is he the undercarriage and the smarthitch is just the option of having the switch on the light tower that uses the pump to attach everything, It sure does work slick!
  6. jamartz

jamartz Member

Not for sure but I think smart hitch is standard on most models now.