1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think? 85 Dually

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by thesnowman269, Jul 11, 2010.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Just sent you an email :D

3. thesnowman269

haha funny guy

4. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

I dont think that truck is worth more than 1000-1200.00. That is a 25 year old truck!

5. thesnowman269

I do see your point as it is a very old truck. I talked with the man and made arangments to go look at it this week depending on how clean the truck is and what kind of condition I will give a reasonable offer. more around 2000, again depending on condition of the truck. it deffinatly is one beastly looking truck tho wesport

6. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

truck looks very clean inside and out not to mention looks badass in general. if you have a use for it think it would be well worth $2500, the less the better. if you have big enough accounts, would make a great salt truck with that flatbed and sure it would move a good amount of snow if ya hung a nice 9ft blade on that thing. would pay for itself easily the first year i bet

7. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

looks like it has the dana 60 under the front end. ford didn't start using that axle again until 86. so its already got that upgrade. i'm surprised to hear it has a 400M (modified) motor in it. I don't believe Ford was still using the M motors in '85. may want to look into that. I don't think its original. The M motor is a mix between a big block and a small block. i have no experience with those motors, but there are mixed reviews out there.

but overall a good looking truck worth the money if it functions as it should and doesn't have excessive rot.

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

def looks likea beast, how mnay miles are on it.

9. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

engine has been changed, because the 85 did not come with a 400.
    front axle has been changed, because it should have a Dana 50 ifs in it.
    getting parts to replace broken things is going to be a nightmare unless it comes with a list of what has been changed and what the parts originally came out of.

10. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Buy it!!!!!

11. thesnowman269

Correct not the original motor or front axle, as far as milage goes not the original motor soo? I have yet to look at it yet planning on going thursday this week. Says it doesnt have any rust on it. hopefully its in good condition and ill bring it home

12. thesnowman269

we share the same enthusiasm when it comes to that matter. cause that was my 1st thought when i saw it lol

13. thesnowman269

Will keep that in mind thank you

14. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i bet when you get deep into it, you will find it came with a 460 that died, and someone swapped the 400 in because it bolted to the bellhousing.

15. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I say 1500 max and plan on having repairs because of the age

16. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

we should all send him an email :D

17. thesnowman269

hmmm interesting theory. Ill try and find out