1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you dodge boys think?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by markzrt1, Aug 19, 2006.

1. markzrt1

markzrt1 Junior Member

'98, 5.2, auto, 130,000 miles, no rust, rhino liner. They are asking 3900.00

3B7HF16Y8WM268885%2D1.jpg

2. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

Looks 2wd to me. What are you going to do with it? What will it be used for ? plowing, pulling trailer,etc. Might help us help you make your mind up alittle better. but the price is not bad what else does it have in it (power wind,power door locks,etc)

3. markzrt1

markzrt1 Junior Member

Its 4x4. Was thinking of plowing.

4. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

Okay then it just look low to the ground to me thats why i said it looked 2wd to me but thanks for clearing that up.. What are you going to plow? drives,commecial,only your house ? if you are doing just drive it will work out good just have to get a light plow, if you are doing commercial then i would get a bigger truck.. But again just my opinion.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thats a nice truck. If you plow with it, service the tranny regulary and give it a cool down break now and then. Those trannys don't flow fluid in park, so put it in neutral when cooling it down. Nice little 7.5 blade would work well.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Lots and lots and lots of grease in the front end.:)

7. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

Price seems a tad high I would said $3000
    7 ½ ft blade is just right for that truck.
    Yes those truck have week ball joints, and they have to replaced more often.
    If it is a half-ton you’ll need more ballast on the rear.

I don’t see why it would not make a good plow truck, Parking lots driveways Roads. it makes no difference if you take your time.

8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

1500 or 2500? plow group?

No matter witch one it is1/2 or 3/4, it is a full size truck get at least an 8ft blade.
    A 7ft blade is for mid size and smaller vehicles.

9. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

I think its a great deal and its got low mileage. I'd try and get a lower price, buy some diesel 2500 front springs, and hang a nice 8' plow off the front. The just do regular maintenance and you'll be set. Those 318's are dog's for drag racing or whatever, but its a great workhorse that'll tow well and push snow.

10. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I also think it would make a nice plow truck. Friend of mine has the same truck but short bed and is just replacing the ball joints now after 4 years of plowing. He installed a set of Daystar spacers in the front for the weight last season and it worked out well for him. I think that truck with a set of spacers would do well with a 7 1/2ft plow. See if you can get it for $3000.