1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do you do

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lucky4511, Dec 9, 2008.

1. lucky4511

lucky4511 Member

We are new to plowing in central Indiana. Anybody looking from this area and are you going out tonight? Rain all day - temps tonight right around 32 and maybe a few flurries or drizzle - freezing rain. Undecided if we should salt tonight or not - any thoughts?

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i say salt... if you see other guys went out your gonna be pissed on money not made

3. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I'm hoping to catch a bit of what your getting...but it won't turn to snow here until early to mid morning. I never miss a chance to salt, but my stuff has a near zero tolerance...I guess it depends on what your clients want and expect. If your ground temp is below freezing...I'd keep an eye open and check your lots.
    When I hear the county truck going by my house, I know it's time to go to work because they will pre treat for black ice.