1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you do with your equipment?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by QMVA, Jan 13, 2005.

1. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Ok guys I've been looking at some of your equipment and a question keeps popping into my head. What do you do with your equipment when its not snowing. When I say equipment I mean loaders, bobcats, trucks (Not personal) and large trucks. What do use them for? If you don't use them then, where do you put them? Try and be specific.

2. Backlash63

Backlash63 Junior Member
    from ny

we put the skidsteer and dozer in the pole barn and depending on what the weather is like we leave the dump outside. The sander is hung from the rack we made for it (4x4's). we use the skidsteer to mix salt. You did mean during the winter right??

3. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

All equipment inside. Always keept inside heated pole barn under lock and key plus alarm. Out of sight out of mind of those people that think your stuf is their's too.

4. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Both winter and summer. :waving:

5. chuckers

chuckers Member

Landscape work I use mine for. All the blades go in one barn and extra deicers along with shovels and snowthrowers. So the big stuff makes money all year round.

6. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

Trucks are in gated yard and all equipment in heated building. Skidsteers and backhoes are all on jobsites year round digging footers, clearing, backfilling, grading etc Its a real pain when i have to go pick them all up, take them to their jobsites for snow and then nothing happens.

7. norrod

norrod Senior Member

I like to dig up people's yards :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Farmer J

Farmer J Junior Member
    from Ontario

We leave all of our plow equipment on site. I should say that we plow with ag tractors and we don't drive them around in the salt, ever.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  9. paponte

paponte Senior Member

We are a full service landscape & Design contractor. All of our plow trucks are used year round for hauling as well as most all our equipment. Only equipment that sits in the summer are the snowblowers. We have inside as well as an outside yard, and can store deicers and equipment in both. :)

10. cc2004

cc2004 Member

Our equipment is left on sight.Not that i like it but we do it.
    Bobcat and atv is inside of trailer.6 wheel dump/w plow and another loader just sitting there,kind of scary but,we need it there.

In the summer everything there plus 3 other trucks/w dumps are used for landscaping.

11. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Might want to watch your a__ with that ATV in the trailer. I read some place that a guy from CT. caught someone stealing his atv out a trailer fron one of his job sites. This happend between Christmas ans New Years. I find the threard and post it!

12. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

ummm, gee golly there Wally....I dont know, umm where was I last time...anyone seen my equipment ?

Oh ya....its in the Barn :cool:

13. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

What about you guys with big dump trucks and Tractors.