1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you do with little nieghborhood drives?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JeffNY, Nov 10, 2008.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Like this one. Im almost thinking it would be easier to back drag by the garage, then push it to the end of the drive way, then onto the yard. But that little turnaround spot on the side, theres no way im maneuvering my truck into there. Im almost thinking about shoveling that little spot. Might be quicker.
    OR, the other option, jump that 5" curb from the apt complex next door, push it into the main part, then drag it out. But thats ghetto.

I have another drive with a turnaround spot twice the size, and I can barely get that one cleared.

Ideas?
    Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

What is that place? Its got multiple drives? If its just the little one, id pile out by the road under the tree by the apt. As for the turnaround, you could drive over the curb, back drag and pile in their pile or yours. Eventually the curb will be a smoth ramp if you play it right. otherwise your shoveling. you could push out a spot opposite the turnaround on the yard but to much traffic on that and their grass will be shot next year. Just an idea. curb is hard on stuff and shoveling is good for you! ha

3. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i would back my truck into theyre garage. take a 20 ton loader and park in the big parkin lot, if you play your cards right you can use theyres, just call a locksmith at 2 am itll be worth it. then you push the turn around into the driveway, and then you jump into the truck and push it into the other side of the road and onto the next one. thats gettin it done.

4. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Just plow it, its not rocket science, we have over 125 residential just like it.

5. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Duh! Push everything IN and as you get up the garage brake off to the left. The only thing you'll have to backdrag is the little triangle immediatly in front of the garage. The turn around? well continue pushing inward braking to th left. I'd doubt if the Apt next door would have aproblem w/ that unless they really just have to be jerks.

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

The right tool for the job

I'll tell you how to plow that with your TRUCK if you tell me how to plow Walmart with my Jeep:D

7. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

you just couldnt help yourself could you. :jester:

8. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

'Just plow it' ...... why didn't I think of that?!!

Im glad you have 125 just like that, I have one. And im trying to figure out the easiest way. Once I get alot of these, I'll know just what to do, like yerself.
    Till then, im learning, and I have to ask stupid questions.

next.....

9. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

without putting snow near the garage (water runoff shouldnt be by a house)

without going on anyone elses property.

you will be shifting your tranny about eighteen times.

you can get in where you want. back drag each side twice backing out diagnal with the blade fully angled.

Looks like a big colorful mess.

i would have skipped taking this drive unless it paid REAL WELL just because when i have to shift that many times in such a small drive i get annoyed fast.....

prop235.jpg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  10. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

Looks like its only about 2 parking spaces. Save the wear and tear on you trans. and shovel it. Nothing like the smell of clean fresh air. :nod:

11. Saltydawg

Saltydawg Junior Member

I'd drag and push everything that was straight and then bust out my secret snowplowing weapon, my 16 yr old nephew with a snow shovel wesport

12. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

thats an easy drive. deposit all snow on the roadside of the parking spot. back drag from the garage. jump that curb and push the snow into the drive so you can push it into the deposit spot and same with the rest of the snow. i could do it in about 8 shifts of the trans, then cleanup with the shovel.

13. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

. . . and this is why they put snowblowers on skidsteers

14. i think the easiest way would be to back drag from the garage to the little 2 spot place and push from the street to the 2 spot place and go into the lot next door and hop the curd pushing the pile onto the lawn lol or u could back up to the garage and push the snow by the tree then turn around and back blade the snow till u get past the 2 spot thing almoust then pust from the street into the 2 spot thing and pile on the grass by the 2 spot thin opposit the tree

15. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

This is why I have a blower in my truck. SOmetime you have to get off your butt and shovel,

16. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe Im just ghetto or somethin, but that's exactly what I would do....more efficient than trying to shovel or backdrag that.

17. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

I persoanlly would gently ghetto hop the curb, just do it slowly, and as soon as the plow clears blade clears the curb, drop it into flot so the weight come off the front off the truck a little, and just do it slowly. Odds are, the people doing the big lot arent going to scrape against the curb so it will leave you something to help make it a little less jarring.

JMO

18. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

Yeah just a little hard on your truck. Shoveling is refreshing sometimes. Unless the snow is heavy then its just a chore.

19. tonybands

tonybands Member

? What if the apartments pile snow on that side?

20. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

can't, theres 2 parking spots right there, to the left and right