1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you do When...

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by FIREMAN Q, Feb 20, 2006.

1. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

I was wondering what everyone does when damage occurs to customers properties. For Example I had one of my drivers back into a mail box. the mail box was bent but it still funtions and is still standing. With out a doubt I will be fixing it. My question is, do you still bill them for the plowing. I have in the past given the customer a free plowing but this happened during a blizzard which means that I have multiple plows for their property.

Just curious what everyone would do???

2. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I would charge normally but let them know that you will fix the damage at your cost. Did they call and complain or did you find the damage??? If they don't know I would fix the problem and then let them know what happened..... That may keep things simpler as far as money changing hands.....

Do you address damage in your written agreement???

3. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

Not when I signed this one. MY contracts have been a work in progress this year.

I did speak to the customer and they had no problems with me fixing it and they had no problem paying the bill.