1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you do to trucks for spring?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Well, I was just wondering what you guys do to your trucks to get them prepped and erady for the regular season? I give it a good pressure washing underneath, give it a good overall wash and wax, Scrub the inside really good, check fluids, and strip all of the plow crap off and put my trailer hitch on. Would it be overkill to take it and just have it gone through by a good mechanic, just to be sure there are no hidden issues?
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Take out winter stuff from behind seat, put in spring/summer/fall junk, put in trailer hitch (like my truck to be as short as possibe for the winter), and take off winter magnets! DONE!
  3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Uhh let me see

Replace every nut and bolt all fluids and hoses tires :dizzy: OH wait thats what people do to there plows. I just give it a good cleaning and check and replace anything that is either broke or worn beyond repair that includes the plows.
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Ask again in 2 months.:waving:

It just started to snow!
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I take out the ballast weight in the bed and go and get two Bobcat buckets of mulch for my flower beds.Then I fire up my Pressure washer and clean the hell out of the truck. After that I change all the fluids and lube all the shifters,doors,hood latch and tail gate. Wax it and Clean the interior. The yank strap and jumper cables go back into the tool box.The unused plow log sheets go in the file for use next season. The last check of the season buys me 2 new tires for the axle that needs them.
    Then my house painting season starts!!!!