1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you charge???

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by GMSNOW, Jan 25, 2009.

1. GMSNOW

GMSNOW Member

I am not a large company - but I do have 3-4 busineses the size of your average restuarant/bank that I put down rock salt with a push earthway spreader in their parking lots.

Most of them I am putting down 3-5 50lbs/60lbs bags of salt per application. What would you charge per bag to do this service?

Would you ever offer this services as a flat fee - estimating the salt usage or do you always charge the customer per bag/lb applied?

Thx for nay feedback.

GMSNOW

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Triple the cost of the salt.

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I triple the cost of my salt, and charge per bag. If you wanted to charge a flat fee, then take your average usage, and figure it that way. If you figure 10% high, then you will win on some days, and loose on others, but it should pretty much even out of the season.