1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you carry with you

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by K20Fisher, Mar 30, 2008.

1. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Food,tools,clothes I might use a tractor with a cab and I just want to know what you guys carry.

2. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

For my atv, I just keep a tool kit and a strap, but I keep a whole socket set, some other tools, gps, a hat, gloves, and more in my truck. SOme snacks can't hurt if your going to be out for a while

3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

I dont carry much actually. My cell phone (most importont) cell phone charger. Something to drink. a pair of gloves a coat (usually dont wear it). We dont have any tools in the trucks their is usually somebody at the shop that can bring out a part or tool if need be.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

There is another post dealing with this issue. It has ALOT of responses you can check out.

5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Cell phonespayup, iPOD, Kimber:eek:, Mountain Dew, chew, and cooler with more Dew and ice.:drinkup:

Jon

6. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

I second the Mdew

7. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

i second the chew

8. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Nextel , My trusty 40 cal baby eagle, a tow strap( that I had to use 6 times this year 4 on me) ,list of jobs to do

9. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

Chew dude that stuffs nasty

10. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

I keep a coat, gloves/hat, extra hydrolic oil, tool box with assorted tools, GPS, cell phone and charger, Ipod, and monster energry drink(s)!

11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I forgot about my cellphone..VERY IMPORTANT!! I will third the Mountian Dew:D

12. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

i second the monster!!! that stuffs the best

13. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Although after like 5 of them you start to get really shaky

14. HitchC&L

HitchC&L Member

Ill throw a 3rd in for the chew, skoal straight here

Socket set, tow strap, chains, fooooooooood, couple drinks, I literally have 8 or 9 pairs of gloves in my truck, just from people leaving them in there, I dont think any of them were originally mine. Ive also got a couple coats and sweatshirts for the same reason haha

I also threw my set of winter boots in there, even tho I wear my chippewas all the time, just in case I get em wet or something I have an extra set. Also I carry a few quarts of oil, cause the 8.1 uses oil, and so I just always have that with me

15. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

tin of skoal mint, couple packs of smokes 6 monsters(green one), cell, GPS, portable radio(listen to fire activity going on), coat, gloves, sockets, hammer, DUCT TAPE!, Erics custom made CD's, cell charger!

16. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint Member

Mdew laptop with earthmate on it, shovel stakes salt ipod coat gloves toolbox with alsorts of tools and fluids oh yeah and season 4 of familly guy for the lap top

17. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

Ipod, cell, caffine pills. Ipod come in real handy about 5 am when the morning shows start coming on- i hate talk shows. I listen to the radio for music, not to hear a bunch of people talk.

18. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

cell, coat, gloves, hat, chain tow strap, candy, dew, GPS, and some tools and hydro oil

19. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Copenhagn, extra cope just incase you run out at 4 am, Red Bull no need for ice just throw the extras in the back of the truck to keep it cold, unless it's like -10 than just keep it in the cab and throw a can in the back about 10 minutes before you want to drink it, extra hoses, oil for the plow, tie down straps (you can actually strap the frame bar to the tow hooks when the plow mount breaks, trust me lol) channel locks, cresent wrench, windshield washer fluid, ice scraper, mp3 player, cell phone, deer jerky

20. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

This past storm as i was leaving my garage I grabbed my tools just because they were right there. I actually needed to use them within 5 minutes of plowing. The pusher I was running lost the bolts that hold one of the skid shoes on. So I was able to borrow 2 bolts from the other side and bolt the skid shoe back on.