1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you carry in your truck or tool box

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BLIZARD BUSTERS, Aug 25, 2008.

ok so i am getting the new tool box and new truck ready for the season and was just curious what some others have in the truck and tool box for plowing or just whatever kidda like a some emergency supplies or just anything thanks kirk
  2. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Tow strap, come along, triangles, long handled flat shovel, tools (led lights mounted to box) windshield washer fluid, hydro fluid, plow parts, tire plugs
  3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

plus a 12 volt air compressor, widex, papper towles, gloves, flash light, fire ex. , first aid kit, like 300 peace tool set, any flui that that truck requires.. AFT, OIL, PS, DOT 3 , lots of plow parts , spare controler, chain, towstrap, the list goes on
  4. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

gloves, tow strap, extra P/S, oil, hydro,brake fluid, jumper cables, flashlight...few other things im forgetting.

i dont get too far from home so i dont pack real heavy...
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Couple of dollars for coffee ,and a hiding spot for the gf's phone number.
  6. gkm

gkm Senior Member

whats in the over night kit????:rolleyes:
  7. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

latex gloves. (for dealing with fluids that is.)

anyway. back on topic.

i carry flashlight, wd-40, tool set (hammer, wrenches, ratchets, allens, plyers.) spare plow parts, 6quarts of hydro fluid, antifreeze, ATF, motor oil plus oil filter, brake fluid, gear oil, tire plug kit.

i carry enouph ATF and motor oil to drain and refill engine and trans. actually comes in handy in a pinch.
  8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

A tow strap in case I feel generous, washer fluid, our mechanics phone number
  9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

In the cab.
    2x power inverter
    work gloves
    usually an extra shirt
    sun glasses
    2x safety glasses
    cell phone charger
    2 or 3 flashlights
    4to7pin light adapters
    trailer wiring extension

pb blaster
    zip ties
    duct tape
    electrical tape
    lots tie downs
    small shovel
    10lb splitting maul
    extra hitches/balls/pins,etc
    2 toolboxes worth of tools
    dewalt drill and case
    jumper cables
    2.5ton floorjack in a case
    quart of motor oil
    quart of trans oil
    quart of atv oil
    2 ton come-a-long
    bungee cords
    box of nails and screws
    dirt shovel
    and way to much other random smaller stuff that I'm forgetting.

and in the winter
    western unimount "emergency" kit along with everthing else in the toolbox
    snow shovel and ice melt/traction aid
  10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

dont forget the cell phone and charger too.
  11. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Not much really we have a mechanic that is usually around the shop that we can call if we need anything. Cell phone and charger has got to be the most important. I put more minutes on my phone in a couple months in the winter then I do all summer.
  12. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

jumper cables
    tow strap/ hitches/ clevis/ chains
    oil & hydfluid, electrical contact cleaner, Cenpeco Penetrating oil
    grease gun, and grease
    12 pack of Bud Light 5th Jack for really coldnights!!

Truck Bed:
    sledge hammer,
    more chains

phone charger
    billing sheets
    spare clothes
  13. Zodiac

Zodiac Member

Shovel, two 16 foot chains, spare plow parts, some ATF, motor oil, PS fluid, gloves, flashlight, pens, paper, cellphone, charger, 12 pack of Coke (goes in the snow in the bed), salt (in bed), spare belts and radiator hoses behind seat, CB radio, and too many tools to list.

The chains are like gold, I almost make more money pulling people out of snow banks than I do plowing.
  14. welded wrenches

welded wrenches Senior Member

4 dozen no good cellphones for traction under tires while i wait redstop sign n got stuck.a th other guys think them red stop signs are GREEN. i have a on demand smoke screen for tailgaters(kerosene injected in top ofcarburator.A roll ofduck tape fo bandaids for them knuckel busting made in china tools.A portable coffee pot powered by potholes.and a couple of portable $.1.29 a gallon gas signs.GET R DONE
  15. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

WHAT did he say? :dizzy:

16. PicThePlowGuy

PicThePlowGuy Junior Member

Tool box? Is that a GM or Dodge thing? I drive a Ford PSD w/ a Fisher plow... who needs tools? HA HA
  17. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

short of changing an engine out i generally have it covered with what i have in the truck
  18. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

From chains, to hoses, to oil, extra pins, washers, bolts, drift pins, tarp for laying in the snow, extra clothes, snow brush, bungy cords, and most important a extra pair of socks!;)
  19. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

He said were sopposed to know what we carry in the truck. I got everything i need until i need it then its no where to be found

Well i am a ford guy i care tools so i can stop and help other people

Socks who needs socks my couzin plows in sandles. turns the heat way up and pretends hes at the beach. You guys just be lucky you dont get forced to see him shirtless
  20. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Well i think your cousin is in trouble if he gets stuck, and has to dig his truck out. I bring socks because i have a few sidewalks to shovel, and sometimes my feet get wet! Lol im glad i dont have to see your cousins man boobs!:eek: