1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you bring plowing?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by njsnowremoval, Mar 7, 2011.

1. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

Hey guys was looking around and i know i saw a thred like this once just cant find it. So anyway ill be plowing next year and started to put a list together but wanted input from Those who have put there list together for years, Sho what do you bring plowing with you and what dont you leave home without wile plowing. Thanks

2. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

A chain, shovels, snowblower, lots of gloves...even though I never end up wearing any, a spare jacket for those wet storms, a blanket behind the seat just in case, Mountain Dew, Cigarettes and a sense of humor...without that you'll probably go nuts and quit plowing. Bring a camera or camera phone too, you never know what you need to document along the way.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I bring the gf,Since I don't have to worry about the wife showing up.

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

A 2 fer and some dope. Yeeeeeehawwwww!!!

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Little do you know Grandview, I've got your wife covered!.....;)

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

On a serious note, JTV has a pretty good list... I might add: traction aids (you can buy them at napa), spare plow hoses (because they ALWAYS blow at 2 am), plow fluid, set of screw drivers and wrenchs, flashlight.... I'm sure others will add to the list.....

7. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

Gallon of hydraulic fluid, 4 adjustable wrenches, 2 vice grips, 3 different chains, tire chains, chain saw- Husq 359 - 20" ( gets used a lot during ice storms) 2 20 ton bottle jacks, gallon of water, extra jackets, sander, shovels, extra set of headlights, going to get another set of hydraulic hoses made this year... Absorbent pads for the fluid, 5 quarts of 5w20... I have two tool boxes full of things.

8. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Towstrap, gloves, jacket, 16" tool box full of wrenches, sockets, rubber mallet, and pliers, shovels, and I'm usually wearing carhartt bib overalls, next winter I'll probably add a few things.

9. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

This storm I added the chainsaw...all this ice is bringing the trees down left and right

10. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

wallet smokes dew phone everything els is in the trucks all year long

11. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I tow my skid during the storm So I usually have the skid, bucket and plow on the trailer.
    In the bed of the truck I carry a few shovels, small walk behind spreader, tire chains for the skid, 4 bags of mag and 2gal of hydraulic fluid.
    In the tool box I have tons of wrenches, sockets, pliers, grease gun, extra grease, oil, windshield washer fluid, diesel fuel treatment, towrope, extra chain and boom.
    In the truck I have 2 changes of clothes, Extra boots, extra coat, bibs, 4-5 pair of gloves, a case of dr pepper(bottles, cans don't work in the skid lol), a camera and a few bottles of 5 hour energy :}

12. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I did that until the wife became the ex and the GF is now the wife..LOL:laughing:

I keep extra plow pins, hoses, hyd. fluid, cell phone, camera / video camera, charger, 24V impact w/ sockets, sand for weight and traction if I get stuck, hammers, pry bars, chains, straps, blankets, case of water, food items, extra coat, gloves and this last time a pillow.

13. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

tow chain, shovel, chloride, phone, phone charger, camera, flashlight, extra coat, extra gloves, toolbox

14. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

coffee, extra coat, extra gloves, ski goggles for the windy storms and have to get out of the truck, hydro fluid, tow strap, tool box, propane torch for what I don't know but I have one just in case, shovel, blanket, smartphone, phone charger, 3 led flashlights, extra petty cash, extra pens and toilet paper in case I need to drop a deuce in the middle of the night and no place is open. other things I am forgetting but that is a pretty good list.

15. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

tow chain stays in the toolbox yearround so i always have it. i have 2-3 pairs of gloves and a hat that doesn not leave the truck unless im wearing them. some tools, shovels, blower for the big storms and gas for that, icemelt, account list, food/drinks, and cell phone

16. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

All of these tools listed and no one takes a snow plow? I usually take my plow with me

17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's why I'm seasonal!

18. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

condoms, roofies and cigarettes.

19. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

My plow trucks are equipped with a Delta tool box. I keep jacks, hammers, pliers, vice grips, hoses, hydrolic fluid, motor oil, tranny fluid, 80W90, coolant, plow solenoid, nut's & bolts, jumper cables, I can go on for ever. There is just about everything in there, you just never know what you will need in an emergency.

20. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

Cigs, phone, dew, tools, more cigs, change of clothes and toilet paper. Comes in handy