1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What do you bring along.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by forestfireguy, Dec 20, 2006.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

If you were heading out to plow a storm forecasted to be 6-8 inches and would be about an hour away from home considering snowy roads what would you bring? I like to carry spare clothes, boots, some tools since it's not a perfect world, a chain/ strap for pull outs. What other stuff do you bring along for peace of mind/ in can comfort? I forgot the most important thing. a huge thermos of coffee and lots of water.....

2. payton

payton Senior Member

couple pair of socks.. sandals-flip flops something i can put on while driving.. espically when driving for long times..

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Thermos of coffee.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I just bring my buddies butt with him and his service truck. Got all the parts and tools we need.

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Good thing i know your lady is on plowsite, otherwise id hafta double read that post. LOL just playing with ya man.:jester:

7. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

just my snowplowin dog

I need to get him a safety harness because he keeps smudging his face on the windshield when I trip the plow

8. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

I can't remember. Its been so long since we have had any snow. Im ready to get the mowers back out and start mowing again..

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I did have to reread it. And I'm still wondering. :help: Must be lack of snow. :dizzy:

10. starc

starc Senior Member

12 cans of beer and a cell phone...

11. F350 Snowman

F350 Snowman Senior Member

I carry tools, extra hoses, springs, hydralic fluid, tow strap, buch of cds (music), CELL PHONE with car charger (of course), and i wish it would snow because right now none of it does me any good.....LOL...

Hope everyone has a happy holiday.....

12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

let me know if you find one (good one)....my plowin dog has figured the best way to sit in the seat, but, just has to always be up and looking out the window.....she needs to be held back!

13. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

Only 12?

Beer should only come in 24 packs. If you can't afford 24 premium, go with one of the welfare beers like lucky, etc...

14. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

my dog is just a lil guy, but I was thinking just a harness that goes around the body and attaching it behind the seat.

But for the most part he comes out salting only because there is less smashing involved.

He tells me the hours are killer when he plows and salts, he's such a complainer :p