1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what do yall think 03 2500 cummins mvp3ss w/ranch hand

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by diezelfreak, Jan 24, 2015.

1. diezelfreak

diezelfreak Member

Contiplating if I can do it or not? That is my personal truck.

2015-01-24 19.10.52.jpg
  2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

What ?
    Get the plow on there with the bumper?
  3. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Im gonna say no...that being said, I put my Bro-in-law's blizzard on his 2011 F-350 crew cab dually and it had a ranch hand as well. We had to take the ranch hand off due to it being mounted at the same points as the plow mounts. Both mounts (plow and bumper) sandwich the frame and one or the other would have to be rebuilt to work.

4. diezelfreak

diezelfreak Member

After looking at it. I think I should be able to make mounts for everything to work between the plow and bumper. The only problem is that it will stick out that much further due to the bumper
  5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Need a bumper that bad? If you're going to fabricate something, why not make the bumper mount to the plow mounts and have it removable so the plow can go on?
  6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

A buddy of mine picked up this beauty the other day. Old Boss plow on a cummins powered hulking rust bucket. The truck runs fine, but the trans was shot, so he's salvaging what he can from it to put it out for sale, or build a plow truck. He already has a plow truck, so this plow might just get sold.

Rust galore......

Orange Boss ? Looks a bit worn out, but he said it works perfectly...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  7. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

the V plow should serve as a decent bumper :D
  8. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

i think that the mounting is an issue but i would be more concerned about the weight, I know those bumpers are @300 lbs and then the weight of the plow your front end isn't going to last very long
    just my 2 cents
  9. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Is having that bumper on there year round that important to you?
  10. ABC Plow

ABC Plow Member

Should work with a custom mount. Only problem I see is it's my plow. :mechanic::mechanic:

11. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

You need a deflector.
  12. ABC Plow

ABC Plow Member

I put one on it. You can see it in the top pic.